• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2008
    Undisclosed Location
    BLACKSBURG, Va. – Some Virginia Tech administrators warned their families and ordered the president's office locked well before the rest of the campus was notified a gunman was on the loose, according to a revised state report on the deadliest shooting rampage in U.S. history.

Virginia's governor called some of the administrators' actions "inexcusable," and some victims' relatives who have been demanding the resignation of President Charles Steger ever since the 2007 massacre that left 33 people dead reacted bitterly to the findings.

Rest of story here:

Va. Tech report: Staff warned their families first - Yahoo! News

Government employees looking out for themselves first. I've never heard of such a thing.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    As I have said before, the president of Virginia Tech must be really proud of himself. Just a couple weeks before the shootings he was bragging that because he made the campus fully gun free, it would be a model of safety. That really proved itself.

The cops knew there was a shooter on campus, since he had already killed two so 911 didn't have to be called. The cops were already on campus yet the shooter killed another 30 unarmed people thanks to the school being a criminal friendly zone. If one student or professor had been allowed their constitutional and God given rights, we might never have known that 30 people would have died.

In my humble opinion, the president of Virginia Tech aided in the deaths of those 30 others and should be tried for their murders

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    As I have said before, the president of Virginia Tech must be really proud of himself. Just a couple weeks before the shootings he was bragging that because he made the campus fully gun free, it would be a model of safety. That really proved itself.

The cops knew there was a shooter on campus, since he had already killed two so 911 didn't have to be called. The cops were already on campus yet the shooter killed another 30 unarmed people thanks to the school being a criminal friendly zone. If one student or professor had been allowed their constitutional and God given rights, we might never have known that 30 people would have died.

In my humble opinion, the president of Virginia Tech aided in the deaths of those 30 others and should be tried for their murders
    Hard to hear, but exactly right!

5.56'aholic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    <- tragic boating accident
    typical of a liberal educational facility. While this info angers me, I am not surprised. Its the common liberal misconception of crime: remove the instruments of crime, therefore crime will not happen. The problem with that ideology is that criminals by definition break the law. I remember right after all this went down the AP and the university were trying to blame the gun shops that sold to the shooter LEGALLY, BY THE BOOK, AND THROUGH AN FFL WITH BACKGROUND CHECKS.

Anyone else feel like were being governed by Dr. Raymond Cocteau? Soon everything bad for us will be illegal, and those who want freedom will have to live in the sewers.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    As a faculty member at a large university around Indianapolis and with my background I was asked to conduct a security/threat assessment for our school. However, when I turned it in for review it was determined that it would likely be too "scary" for certain staff members so it could not be distributed. Instead I had to give a presentation to faculty and staff on security measures and courses of action etc. I think they didn't like that I pointed out who likely would get taken out first in certain scenarios the way our school is set up.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Its the common liberal misconception of crime: remove the instruments of crime, therefore crime will not happen. The problem with that ideology is that criminals by definition break the law.

I understand what you're saying, but disagree. The fundamental problem is that crime is a decision, not a tool.

I believe the reason leftists tend to fall into that misconception is because any time I have argued with someone who does not believe in free will, that person has been of a leftist persuasion. This is not to say that all leftists disbelieve in free will, but every disbeliever I've met so far has been a leftist, so I'm convinced there is something in the ideology that coincides with or encourages such disbelief. If you don't believe in free will, you don't believe in decisions, therefore crime must be something else.

Cat-Herder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2009
    Fortville
    As a faculty member at a large university around Indianapolis and with my background I was asked to conduct a security/threat assessment for our school. However, when I turned it in for review it was determined that it would likely be too "scary" for certain staff members so it could not be distributed. Instead I had to give a presentation to faculty and staff on security measures and courses of action etc. I think they didn't like that I pointed out who likely would get taken out first in certain scenarios the way our school is set up.
    be glad they didn't "shoot" the messenger. there's waaaay too much of that going on in "higher" education these days.

5.56'aholic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    <- tragic boating accident
    I understand what you're saying, but disagree. The fundamental problem is that crime is a decision, not a tool.

I believe the reason leftists tend to fall into that misconception is because any time I have argued with someone who does not believe in free will, that person has been of a leftist persuasion. This is not to say that all leftists disbelieve in free will, but every disbeliever I've met so far has been a leftist, so I'm convinced there is something in the ideology that coincides with or encourages such disbelief. If you don't believe in free will, you don't believe in decisions, therefore crime must be something else.

i agree with you, but i think you are misunderstanding that the gun is a tool to them, not me.

Top Bottom