• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • .45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Just passing this on to anyone who has thought about staying there. The Story Inn is great! The staff was always asking how are stay was going and if we needed anything. Food was unbelievable! Service was above and beyond our needs. We mingled with both Harley riders and horse people from the horseman's camp.

We ran into the owner often and one night he asked if he could buy us a drink in the bar. Turns out he's a wine connoisseur. We had a great conversation and he kept pouring the wine. We staggered up to our rooms later after probably two bottles between us! All on the house!
    There are no TVs, phones or cell phone reception so everything is quiet. Bring snacks if you get hungry at night. The nearest store is 15-20 miles away.

We also went riding at Schooner Valley Stables and had a blast! My family had horses so I know how to ride but my wife had never been. You can actually ride the horses as opposed to the zombie-horse trails at the parks where the horses just stick their noses in the lead horse's butt and know the trail so thoroughly they don't care if there's a person or a bag of potatoes on their back. At Schooner Valley you have the freedom to guide the horses yourself and can trot or canter if you like. A few folks even went out to run their horses.

Great vacation! I highly recommend the Inn and Schooner Valley.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Good timing. I have been trying to think of something different to do with the wife

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    We've had lunch there a couple of times. It's supposed to be haunted, right?
    The horses sound like a blast, my husband isn't into riding though. My daughter and I rent trail horses every now and then, and I'd love to have a better riding experience. Having owned horses in the past, a lot of the trail horses do get boring! But it's kind of a drive just to go for that. I really like that part of Indiana.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    We drove up there once when we lived in Scottsburg. They had just re-opened it and had a festival with some live music, Reggae and Folk. We had a good time and even the IU hippies were not too bothersome. (And this was in the Bush years no less). Good food and nice folk.

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    We drove up there once when we lived in Scottsburg. They had just re-opened it and had a festival with some live music, Reggae and Folk. We had a good time and even the IU hippies were not too bothersome. (And this was in the Bush years no less). Good food and nice folk.

Most of the folks we ran into seemed very much on the conservative side and there was a lot of positive talk about firearms.

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    We've had lunch there a couple of times. It's supposed to be haunted, right?
    The horses sound like a blast, my husband isn't into riding though. My daughter and I rent trail horses every now and then, and I'd love to have a better riding experience. Having owned horses in the past, a lot of the trail horses do get boring! But it's kind of a drive just to go for that. I really like that part of Indiana.
    Yes it is supposed to be haunted. We found that sound travels all over the place in the inn so that when the staff is cleaning up in the kitchen it sounds like someone walking around upstairs. They were usually done by 11:00 though. If you are into ghost hunting wait until after midnight to start and don't bother if there are other people in the inn. You don't hear them talking but if they walk around the floorboards creak enough that you won't know what's causing it.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Most of the folks we ran into seemed very much on the conservative side and there was a lot of positive talk about firearms.

I think it was the Reggae/Folk Fesitval that brought them in. As Eric Cartman once said "All it takes is a drum circle and pretty soon there are hippies everywhere.":D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgnxVFTKVYM

Top Bottom