Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Just got off the phone with my mom. She buys into the masks protect me and everyone should be force vaccinated bit. She went to a wedding shower about 2 weeks ago. Every person there was vaccinated but one. Not sure how many were actually in attendance.
    I do know that 16 people are now COVID positive including my mom. She has had the rona, synthetic antibodies and 2 doses of the vaccine. The irony is they are all mad at the unvaccinated person. They say that had the unvaccinated person been vaccinated then none of them would be sick. You know. Because if you have the vaccine you can’t get get it.

I hate how easily the masses have been indoctrinated over this.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    We got an email from the high ups yesterday "encouraging" vaccination. That was in the subject line. In the body of the email, a deadline of November 22nd (I think, don't remember for sure) was imposed. Vax or be disciplined, up to and including being let go. I'm a federal employee (DoD). I already got mine back in July of my own volition, but I wonder how many won't.
    I'm sure you bosses will 'allow' you to pick up the workload of the departed - for no extra pay

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Turned on the radio while driving home trying to pick up some info about the Evergrande mess, media people talking to lawyer representing the folks in New York who were faced with the choice of losing their job or getting stuck today. The smug derision poured out on these folks and their representative followed by fiendish pleasure at the their plight made me turn it off and wonder about the sanity of the news people.

I've seen and heard news people mad at politicians like Nixon and Trump, you expect it, but this is way over the top shrill, emotional, hysteria and it's aimed at common folks. I just don't see how we have gotten to this point, maybe some sort of aftershock from TDS?
    The whole 'safe spaces' thing should have been a warning. They can't stand to hear their views questioned and favor forced agreement and silencing opposing views. Think millions of little Neros

I have friends who retired to MI who have told me that Whitmer is 'protecting them' and one in AZ who became apoplectic and couldn't finish a phone conversation when I told him I would cheerfully vote for Trump again. I guess they surround themselves with only others who agree with them

ziggy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Fort Wayne area
    One problem with paying people to get jabbed, or otherwise giving incentives, is that it trains people not to get any vaccine unless there is some incentive provided. Historical experience shows that when you give incentives for things people will frequently do anyway, removing the incentive stops the action even for people who would have taken the action without the incentive. One more example of the law of unintended consequences at work.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've never believed that this was some sort of devious plot to reduce population or something like that. From day one it just looked like a combination of mistakes and bad guesses by people who don't really have a handle on the problem. Mix in politics and a Niagra of money influencing those decisions and we get to where we are today.

The wild hysteria ginned up by the big media over this is incredible. The shrill denunciation of unvaccinated people by the president as some sort of modern day apostates responsible for all the ills of the world was worse than watching old film of Joe McCarthy.

What's next, witch hunts for the unvaccinated and local tribunals? The covid mess is a complex problem which leadership should just confess that they are making the best guess they can and it's not always right. Americans can understand that, but instead we get explanations involving bats, curve flattening, extra medications, and now an unvaccinated bogeyman as a scapegoat.

Unless this turns around it is not going to end well at all.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I remember your quote that "I don't remember all my bosses, but they all remember me'

[much laughter]

I stole that, BTW
    I don't remember that.
    But it does sound like me.

I was at work on my 40th birthday (yes, a "few" years ago), when the boss I had then told me, if I didn't watch my smart mouth, he'd fire me.
    I told him, I just turned 40. And if I hadn't changed yet, it probably was NOT going to happen.
    That boss left the mill.
    Came back.
    Left again.
    :)

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Job interview scheduled in a couple weeks. Tossing around how I’m gonna answer the illegal question about my vaccine status.

I’m thinking “is that a requirement for the position?, I didn’t see that in the posting” is what I’m gonna go with.

yes I think I do what this job but regardless of how I feel about the vaccine, asking this question in an interview is right there with asking “are you a family man?”

It’s illegal and yet so prevalent it’s disgusting

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Has anyone read about the parasite theory yet?

the tdlr: covid hasn’t been isolated in a lab yet. Media and tptb push against effective treatments; anti parasite drugs. Chagas’ disease has similar symptoms to covid. Vaccine creates antibody dependent enhancement so over time the vaccinated will get sicker and sicker with death inevitable.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    No need to worry now.
    YouTube is here to save the day.

You know, with their GREAT track record.

Tell me again why they get "230 protection" because they can't police all their content?

This behavior tells me all I need to know about the safety of the vaccine.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Job interview scheduled in a couple weeks. Tossing around how I’m gonna answer the illegal question about my vaccine status.

I’m thinking “is that a requirement for the position?, I didn’t see that in the posting” is what I’m gonna go with.

yes I think I do what this job but regardless of how I feel about the vaccine, asking this question in an interview is right there with asking “are you a family man?”

It’s illegal and yet so prevalent it’s disgusting
    Don't ask, don't tell.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom