• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Not trolling at all, and not a sad story at all. It's a fantastic story that he's one of the dozen polio patients I've seen in 11 years. It's fantastic and worth celebrating.

I'm saying that many are looking at diseases that affect our society today and trash vaccines. Trying doing that fifty years ago when hospitals were full of kids with polio and dying from numerous other ailments. Damn diphtheria. Oh wait... Don't want to "troll" by mentioning horrific diseases that used to scourge our country that now most of us know nothing about.

Yes, bypass the reasoned discussion and tell a sad story.

Works well for the anti-gun crowd.

I've already addressed the polio vaccine here.

Since we're telling sad stories, has anyone here ever talked to the parents of a vaccine injured child with permanent brain damage and paralysis? They have a few things to say about the 'safe and effective' mantra.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Not trolling at all, and not a sad story at all. It's a fantastic story that he's one of the dozen polio patients I've seen in 11 years. It's fantastic and worth celebrating.

It is a sad story. It's identical to a gun grabber putting a sad parent on television and using his sad story to push gun control.

I'm saying that many are looking at diseases that affect our society today and trash vaccines. Trying doing that fifty years ago when hospitals were full of kids with polio and dying from numerous other ailments. Damn diphtheria. Oh wait... Don't want to "troll" by mentioning horrific diseases that used to scourge our country that now most of us know nothing about.

Doc, do you really want to rehash the polio debate? You didn't fare too well in the last one. Your inconsistency in your thoughts on statistical correlation was completely exposed.

The shingles vaccine can and does save a lot of people from some serious pain and suffering.

Source?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    'tis a rare sight: a man unwilling to yield in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

I think there is a name for that....

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    So it seemed like a top priority to come here and accuse me of believing things contrary to the evidence, but not a priority to see if your accusation is even true?

Alright.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I don't want to debate anything. I saw a guy with a now rare disease and added that perspective.

It is a sad story. It's identical to a gun grabber putting a sad parent on television and using his sad story to push gun control.

Doc, do you really want to rehash the polio debate? You didn't fare too well in the last one. Your inconsistency in your thoughts on statistical correlation was completely exposed.

Source?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    So it seemed like a top priority to come here and accuse me of believing things contrary to the evidence, but not a priority to see if your accusation is even true?

Alright.

It's not so much the claim that I dispute. It's the extrapolation and generalizations derived therefrom.

Not a big deal. It's too close to the holidays to be wrapped around the axle on this point. I thought the new information on a possible link to anti-depressants was newsworthy.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    For me it is WAY more likely that meds made to alter brain chemistry are leading to altered mental functioning. Call me crazy...

It's clearly something. I just can't embrace vaccines as a significant factor.

small aside: I think we've reached the point in American society beyond which our brains cannot handle the stimulation. It is a constant barrage of information, stimulation, combined with laziness. We never sit on a horse and watch the miles fade away while thinking. America leads the world in mental illness diagnosis, both adult and youth (guessing here, someone can fact check me if you want), and we need to scale our stimuli back.

It's not so much the claim that I dispute. It's the extrapolation and generalizations derived therefrom.

Not a big deal. It's too close to the holidays to be wrapped around the axle on this point. I thought the new information on a possible link to anti-depressants was newsworthy.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    [h=1]Weaponized Health Communication: Twitter Bots and Russian Trolls Amplify the Vaccine Debate[/h]
    https://ajph.aphapublications.org/doi/10.2105/AJPH.2018.304567

98395A7C8BB444283303C95223BA2EE9B5E3607C

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I got my flu shot AND a hep A vaccine today!

Wait a minute.
    Are you saying that you can just tell them to vaccinate you from certain things you don't want to get? Like a menu of sorts?

Can I get vaccinated against Broccoli? Oh and RedHeads? Ya, and James Yeager......definitely Yeager.

Top Bottom