• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    Don't remember any empty tables at Valpo. Picked up a 1927 boxed S&W m&p with a letter from JINKS ,A second model hand ejector in 44 special ,sold several sets of grips and took orders for 3 sets of custom grips.
    They did increase the fee for dealers to $55.00 per table probably because their are charged more to rent the building .The lighting is worth the extra cost.

LiveFreeOrDie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2019
    Crown Point
    The dealers always complain about buyers, but whenever I go to the Valpo or CP shows it is usually the same old stuff for sale at full retail or above retail prices.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    The show was definitely smaller than usual. And the crowd was tiny, Crown Point show is usually busier. Very few deals to be had. And the old guys selling old guns like they are worth 10x what the going gun broker bid is at. Same old same old.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I ended up going by myself as my son and wrangled a deal on Armslist for what he was looking for.

While not a 1911 fan, I was sorely tempted to bring home a Rock Island 38 Super I saw their.

I could add that my 10 mm odd caliber group.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    The dealers always complain about buyers, but whenever I go to the Valpo or CP shows it is usually the same old stuff for sale at full retail or above retail prices.

This is why I really don't go to gun shows very often. The last one I went to was the Crown Point show that had the protest, and that was only because I got paid to be there.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    My guess is having Tipton and Valpo on the same weekend didn't help the situation out.

I don't think a gun show in Tipton would have much to do with one in Valpo. I think the low attendance would have more to do with not hearing anything about the valpo gun show.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I don't think a gun show in Tipton would have much to do with one in Valpo. I think the low attendance would have more to do with not hearing anything about the valpo gun show.

Plus, the nice weather and time of year has people working in the yard and getting fall projects zipped up before ..... well, you know.

Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    Plus, the nice weather and time of year has people working in the yard and getting fall projects zipped up before ..... well, you know.

Let me think whats more important than a gun show.....Hmm let me think.............................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Let me think whats more important than a gun show.....Hmm let me think.............................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Some of us signed up for a 2 day pistol class prior to the release date of the show. That was way more beneficial.

Top Bottom