• ...and so much more!
  • Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Found an Old roll marked Colt 1991A1 Government model with a parked finish with the original black plastic grips with the Colt prancing Pony. The gun is in very good shape, and the only thing not original to it is the magazine which I think is a Wilson Combat 8 rounder. However it doesn't include a box or paperwork.

My question is, how much should a gun like this be worth? The asking price is $900 which to me seems a little steep... especially without the box ect.
    What would you say a fair offer would be?

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I have seen one recently (1991, parked, FACTORY mag and no box) go for 500 bucks at a shop known for slightly higher than normal pricing on Colts/Smiths. 900 without box, without factory mag, etc... is WAY too much. That high, and I would imagine the seller is trying to pander to the "it's a Colt" types that want it for being a Colt (but don't know much about them).

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I think that's steep, but the range on Gunbroker extends up to $950 or so. I'd keep looking. I've seen them here in the classifieds for significantly less than that. The NRM model seems more sought after, but my stainless ORM works flawlessly. (Of course it was completely rebuilt from the frame and slide up by Wilson Combat, which might also have something to do with it :) )

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Yeah it's at a local pawn shop, and I just went back in to check on it. When I asked if they could do better on the price, they said they would do $850 no tax. But I still think that is kinda high...

OD*

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Indiana
    Found an Old roll marked Colt 1991A1 Government model with a parked finish with the original black plastic grips with the Colt prancing Pony. The gun is in very good shape, and the only thing not original to it is the magazine which I think is a Wilson Combat 8 rounder. However it doesn't include a box or paperwork.

My question is, how much should a gun like this be worth? The asking price is $900 which to me seems a little steep... especially without the box ect.
    That's too high, but it is from the first two years production. I did get $950 for a M1991A1LCM a few years back, but they are semi rare (NIB).

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON

$500 at the most. :D

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Thanks for the input guys, but I doubt a pawn shop will let me talk them down that much...:D

But yeah as Disposable Heart said..I think they are asking that much because it's a Colt and assume people wouldn't know whats what.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Yeah it seems the prices on these things are all over the place. I saw a Colt 1991A1 compact aka "Officer's" model for sale at the last Muncie gun show by a guy who had one with the only aftermarket parts being the grip safety and grips itself. The grips were some kinda fake pearl, and he had two nickel plated mags even though the gun was parkerized. His asking price was $450. My friend also last year bought a compact with Hogue rubber grips at Ludco gun shop for around $500.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Haha just as an "update" I went back to look at that 1991a1 again just for fun, because a friend of mine wanted to go to see if they had any other handguns for sale, and when I got a closer look at the pistol..I noticed it had rust forming on the end of the slide and the front sight was really loose, it felt like it was about to fall off. Also something else I didn't notice until now was it also had an idiot mark!

Yeah..I don't see anyone paying what they are asking for a Colt like that. :D

Last edited:
    Top Bottom