• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pierce195

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    New Castle
    I guy in the office is looking to sell his vintage Randall knife, but I have no idea what the value would be. Its a 5" Alaskan Skinner purchased from Randall knife company about 30 years ago. Any info would be great.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I will give you $20 dollars right now for it!!! No I have no idea what it is worth my adivce is look on bladeforums or someplace similar that specializes in knives.

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    I will give you $20 dollars right now for it!!! No I have no idea what it is worth my adivce is look on bladeforums or someplace similar that specializes in knives.

Ok, I'm up for the auction Dean.... I'll bid $25.00....

Really Pierce, This kind of Randall, assuming new condition, never sharpened, sheath etc. will retail around $500.00. If you order from Randall there is a long waiting perion... I mean years waiting so some folks want it now and will pay more for now.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Ok, I'm up for the auction Dean.... I'll bid $25.00....

Really Pierce, This kind of Randall, assuming new condition, never sharpened, sheath etc. will retail around $500.00. If you order from Randall there is a long waiting perion... I mean years waiting so some folks want it now and will pay more for now.

$50 then if you want to play that game good sir!!!! :):

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    400-600 I believe. It would be more if it was a model 1 or 4.

I am sure brad will be along shortly with a real price. It is a Randal and will hold value. People still pay 75% down and wait up to 2 years for one.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    A simple EBay search for completed listing that have actually sold will give you an idea. Here you go: Randall Alaskan | eBay Note: Green price means it sold for that. Looks like the stag handled models will bring $350 to $500 and other handles are bringing less.

Condition and having the sheath will mean everything as far as value. Also, when ordering a new Randall from Randall, the waiting period is almost 5 years right now.

pierce195

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    New Castle
    A simple EBay search for completed listing that have actually sold will give you an idea. Here you go: Randall Alaskan | eBay Note: Green price means it sold for that. Looks like the stag handled models will bring $350 to $500 and other handles are bringing less.

Condition and having the sheath will mean everything as far as value. Also, when ordering a new Randall from Randall, the waiting period is almost 5 years right now.

Thanks, Brad that helps. It does have a sheath with it.

prescut

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    United States
    I too have a very old Randall. I tried getting the company to rehandle it, but they had stopped doing that except for active service personnel. They are great knives, but I have no idea how a company can ask people to wait 5 years. I have tried several home made handles that I was unhappy with in the end. I may give it my son, who is Navy, and him get the handle.
    anybody ever seen pricing on this kind of thing? I'm newbie so can't post images.

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    I buy and sell Randalls from time to time. That one brand new from Randall in mint condition would be $370. There are no "optional features" on that knife. Standard leather handle, brass hilt and duralumin butt cap.

It seems well taken care of. Looks like it has not been stored in the sheath, which is always good. Depending on condition of the sheath, you could probably get around $300 for it? Less if you're selling it to a Randall dealer to resell. Randall values the last couple of years haven't been as strong as in the years before, although they seem to be coming back a little.

This would fall in the user category, rather than collectible. And it's a great model for practical outdoor stuff. It would make a fine outdoor knife for the rest of someone's life.

It's true that there is currently a 5 year waiting list but some dealers will order your knife for you and you can have it in a few months without a tremendous premium.

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    I too have a very old Randall. I tried getting the company to rehandle it, but they had stopped doing that except for active service personnel. They are great knives, but I have no idea how a company can ask people to wait 5 years. I have tried several home made handles that I was unhappy with in the end. I may give it my son, who is Navy, and him get the handle.
    anybody ever seen pricing on this kind of thing? I'm newbie so can't post images.

Maybe I can put you in contact with some dealers that will rehandle it. What Model is it? And what handle do you want on it?

Top Bottom