• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Not sure if this goes here or not. If not, mods please relocate it.

i have had this gun in my safe for quite sometime - a S and W 622 that I bought for my wife to try and get her into handguns. That didn't work. The gun has had probably no more than a 100 rounds through it.

can anyone give me an idea of the value of the gun.

TIA,

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    best bet is to look on gun broker advanced search for sold models or contact the smith & wesson forum . The gun is out of production and might find a collector that wants it .It looks to be in like new condition.
    Just checked Gun Broker and none have sold in the last 3 mo.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I don't know if it is proper to call these third gen S&W 22's but I refer to them that way. I am a fan and have had several models including multiple 422's, a 2206 and a couple 2214's.

The ones that seem to go for the most lately are the 2206's which are all stainless frame and slide pistols. second I would say would be the 2213 followed by the 2214. Those were the compact versions; the 2213 was silver alloy frame/stainless slide like the 622. The 422 seems to be the most common and lowest price.

The 622 is obviously the silver alloy/stainless version of the 422. It is less common and tends to sell for more. I think $400-$500 with the original box and muzzle nut tool is reasonable. There was a vent rib model that is very rare and sought after.

These make great suppressor hosts and are light, reliable handguns.

slidemuzik

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Really nice pistols that are easy to field strip, lightweight, and accurate. Underappreciated during production. Most folks that have sold them lament doing so.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    OK... that sounds interesting. This gun was bought for my wife to start shooting and she never got into it. She 'maybe" shot 100 rounds through it. It has been sitting in the safe ever since. I guess I need to register there and put it up for sale. Do they do PayPal there?

slidemuzik

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Manuals should be available for sale at the auction sites. I'd suggest looking for one before you sell. The correctly serial numbered box is the important part you can't find anywhere else. One word of advice about gunbroker... experienced sellers get the highest bids. People are hesitant to bid with rookies. When I've had a good piece to sell, I have worked out a deal with my LGS that does a lot of business on Gunbroker. We worked out a commission for him that was agreeable to both of us and I believe I grossed more that way than trying to sell myself. Your call, kinda depends on what you have in it. I'd also recommend trying Smith and Wesson Forum (Smith & Wesson Forum) and Rimfire Central (RimfireCentral.com - Rimfire Community!?) . Both have classified sections.
    For others here, make the man an offer. Nice pistol here. GLWS

Top Bottom