• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • model67a

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    jasper
    I watched Helmke on C span yesterday and started trying to really see the error in his thinking. If people such as him would think about what made this country free, what was instramental in developing the country , and what has kept this country free they could not argue about the value of firearms in the hands of the citizens. People think that small arms are outdated and not needed in this age of nuclear weapons and such. They are totally wrong. A nation would not try to conquer another nation with nuclear weapons. By using the nuclear weapon to conquer another nation they are rendering the land useless by contamination. In other words they would destroy what they are fighting over by the weapon they use to conquer it and they do not gain anything. The only way a nation can be conquered and still be useable is with small arms. As long as the United States allows the citizens to have small arms there is no country that is going to try to conquer us. "Know your enemy" is the first rule of combat and there is no way that an adversary of the U.S. can do this. This really is our downfall in all of the wars since the Korean Conflict. We really can't identify our enemies because they do not wear uniforms to indentify themselves. That actually started in a large scale in Viet Nam and is what we are facing in the Middle East now!!! If you cannot identify your enemy how do you fight him??? I am sorry, I assumed everyone knew who Helmke was. He is the driving force in the Brady Campaign, and was mayor of Fort Wayne. I do not know if he still resides there but I would imagine that he does monitor our website.

Last edited:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    While I generally agree with your thinking on this, in the matter of nuclear weapons, you are a bit mistaken. The development of the "neutron bomb" - which emits lethal doses of radiation without much in the way of attendant radioactive fallout - has made it possible to depopulate - at least in part - an area without destroying the land. Therefore, it is, theoretically, possible to conquer a nation using nuclear weapons. That, however, has no bearing on our right to self-protection from criminals and oppressive government.

Top Bottom