• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I am a long time smoker...35 years at 1 to 2 packs a day. I have tried to quit a number of times using everything from willpower to the patch and gums...nada. I decided to give the e-cigs a go, what the heck...nothing to lose right?

I was amazed. The only thing you are inhaling is basically nicotine and water vapor. The nicotine hit immediately calms the craving for a cigarette and the throat hit as well as the vapor give the physiological needs equal fulfillment...heck you can even blow smoke rings if you want. In 3 days I was completely off analog cigs and don't miss them at all now.

I will make a couple suggestions...as with anything else you get what you pay for...buy a cheap kit and you are going to get cheap results. I did a cheap one at first and was a bit disappointed but I saw the potential in the system and I bought a high quality kit. The kit I bought cost me about half what I spent monthly on analog cigarettes btw. The kit I bought came with 2 battery units and a usb unit which stays plugged into my computer so it is always full power without needing recharged...very nice for at home. I will get another usb cig for the car as it will work off the car charger and that way I can save battery power for when I am away from home and out of the car.

I amwheezing a bit now, my doctor tell me that is my lungs fighting to clear the tar out that I have been layering in there for years and it is simply my lungs healing themselves. He said I could expect this for a few weeks before they are clear. Fine with me as I am already noticing less hacking in the morning and no nasty morning mouth.

Another few pluses...no stink...already I am noticing less cigarette smell in my house and on my clothes. I am able to vape in places smoking is forbidden...nice when enjoying a cup of coffee in my favorite coffee house. Anyplace or anytime I can take a couple hits and be good to go instead of having to step outside for a smoke. And the cost is about 1/3 of the cost of analog cigarettes.

Basically the way they work is you have a power source, the battery, a heat source, the atomizer, and the nicotine/flavor cartridge. With the cheaper version the atomizer is built into the battery unit...it burns out and you have to replace the whole unit. I bought the V2 because the nicotine/flavor cartridge has it's own atomizer so you get a new one with every cartridge. This results in a stronger more fulfilling vapor every puff and you don't need to pay for a new battery all the time.

Oh...and the flavors. I smoked menthol and love the menthol cartidges but I also have found some of the flavors are great too. The cola leaves the taste of an coke in your mouth and the Glenlivet ...wow! Some of the other flavors are great too...I suggest experimenting to find your favorites.

As I said I went with the V2cig V2 Cigs Electronic Cigarettes :: America's Best Brand of E-Cigarette and I bought the Traveler's Kit V2 TRAVELER KIT - V2 CIGS but you can look through and decide which would be best suited for you. If you aren't sure drop 25 bucks on the V2 NOTEBOOK-CIG - V2 CIGS and try it out while you sit at the computer.

If you want to quit smoking analog cigarettes and get rid of the tar and carcinogenics associated with them give vaping a try...I am really glad I did. Please feel free to ask questions and I will try to answer them here.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    YUP!!!!
    To everything you said!!!!!
    I smoked for forty seven years!!
    My e-cig arrived May 26th and I haven't touched tobacco since that day.
    No cravings.
    No smell of stale smoke on me and my clothes.
    No worry about burning clothes or furniture.
    No more going outside to "smoke".
    No more waiting for a table in a "Smoking area" of a restaurant.
    Lungs are clearer.
    Costs about $12.50 a month, instead of over $150.00 a month.

:rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I've been considering this option. I have some friends at work that have made a hobby out of building their own units. I'm not sure why I haven't tried it yet. Except maybe because I've found source for cheap smokes and I'm really not spending that much. I'm at about a pack a day and I only spend a little over 50 bucks a month.

I'll never be stupid enough to try convincing anyone, including myself, that smoking doesn't have some serious health risks. Its just a risk I'm choosing to accept and I really, REALLY enjoy it.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I've been considering this option. I have some friends at work that have made a hobby out of building their own units. I'm not sure why I haven't tried it yet. Except maybe because I've found source for cheap smokes and I'm really not spending that much. I'm at about a pack a day and I only spend a little over 50 bucks a month.

I'll never be stupid enough to try convincing anyone, including myself, that smoking doesn't have some serious health risks. Its just a risk I'm choosing to accept and I really, REALLY enjoy it.
    Me too, to all the above ^^.

Last edited:

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Even when I did the roll my own the costs were higher than what I am looking at now. I really enjoyed smoking as well and not I find I don't miss anything because every nuance of smoking analog cigarettes is still be addressed with the e-cig. The taste...that throat hit...the feel of rich smoke in the mouth...like I said even blowing smoke rings...lol. I was really skeptical of the e-cigs and the cheap one I tried was a bit disappointing but it was enough to show me that a good quality e-cig should be much better...and it was.

I won't become a smoking nazi...but I will smile when I see smokers heading out in the rain or cold to have an analog cig while I set inside and vape with my coffee. It is worth it just for that alone...lol.

The other thing is I am 52 now...my brother (53) who was also a life long smoker had a stroke this spring and 5 bypasses a month ago. I know the e-cigs are better for my health and I have just found the woman I want to spend my life with and I want to have as much time with her as possible. It wasn't the cost as much as it was the health issues that made me try this.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    All of the smoker at my job love 'em. "analog cigs", that's funny! Anyway, how quickly.they can convert to e cigs just confirms my long held suspicions (based on personal experience) that smoking cigarettes is a lot more of a ritualistic habit, and a lot less of an actual physical addiction than most people think. I love the idea of the different flavors, too. A nice sco tch would've been my choice, too. I do have to chuckle at the guys going on about how realistic the marijuana flavors are. Might not want to share that info with the boss. :)

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I tired the E-cig, but I just could really get behind it. For me it just made me want to smoke more. I ended up quiting cold turkey over 7 months ago (I had just finally had enough). Glad to here they worked for you guys.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    All of the smoker at my job love 'em. "analog cigs", that's funny! Anyway, how quickly.they can convert to e cigs just confirms my long held suspicions (based on personal experience) that smoking cigarettes is a lot more of a ritualistic habit, and a lot less of an actual physical addiction than most people think. I love the idea of the different flavors, too. A nice sco tch would've been my choice, too. I do have to chuckle at the guys going on about how realistic the marijuana flavors are. Might not want to share that info with the boss. :)

I believe this absolutely. I know people who quit that turned right around and had to diet because they were using junk food to satisfy the oral habits from smoking. They had nervous hands because they weren't using them to hold the cigarette, etc.

I haven't had any urges to eat, no irritability, no restlessness that I had when trying the patch. All the rituals of smoking are still there with the e-cig and it is every bit as relaxing and fulfilling. I have more cola as well as Dr Pepper, Menthol with a touch of cigar and Jack Daniels, and Glenlivet Nadurra 16yr on order and am considering some Mountain Dew! The menthol is going to be my go to flavor but the others are a nice change of pace.

So is it possible to use these without using the nicotine?

The V2 Cig has quite a few nicotine free flavors

Black_Wolf

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Northwest Ind
    Even when I did the roll my own the costs were higher than what I am looking at now. I really enjoyed smoking as well and not I find I don't miss anything because every nuance of smoking analog cigarettes is still be addressed with the e-cig. The taste...that throat hit...the feel of rich smoke in the mouth...like I said even blowing smoke rings...lol. I was really skeptical of the e-cigs and the cheap one I tried was a bit disappointing but it was enough to show me that a good quality e-cig should be much better...and it was.

I won't become a smoking nazi...but I will smile when I see smokers heading out in the rain or cold to have an analog cig while I set inside and vape with my coffee. It is worth it just for that alone...lol.

The other thing is I am 52 now...my brother (53) who was also a life long smoker had a stroke this spring and 5 bypasses a month ago. I know the e-cigs are better for my health and I have just found the woman I want to spend my life with and I want to have as much time with her as possible. It wasn't the cost as much as it was the health issues that made me try this.

What cartridges are you using and do you have to order them to get more?

I switched to e smokes 2 months ago with failed results. Mine does not taste like marlboro reds and does help but not enough to keep me from real smokes.

Goood thing though is I can get the recharges right down the street without having to order them online.

If this system tastes like marb reds and is easy to get refills I will give it a shot.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    That was my problem Wolf. It just didnt taste like a cig enough for me to just use it. Me Im all or nothing, fake smoking just made me want the real thing. May have been the kind of E-cig I was using possibly.

revolvers&w

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Albany
    Congratulations!! and Good luck to all!! After 21 years of addiction I quit 5 years ago in September with Hypnosis in one day 1 was smoke free.
    If you feel like some extra support John Morgan seminars saved my life for $60 bucks.
    Gave me money to spend on guns too.:D

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I do have to order my cartridges from online...can't say what the reds would taste like as I haven't tried them. I will say again if you buy a cheap system like I did the first time you get cheap results.

As I said I am using the V2 Cig system. I spent two days weeding through reviews before plunking down my money. Seeing as the best buy on cartridges is ordering 40 at a time (and you can mix flavors in the order) I will order in advance far enough that I don't run out. You can also buy empty cartridges and fill them yourself.

The cola...really does taste like coke...actually more like Pepsi
    Menthol is a bit minty but very good sub for full flavor menthol analog cigs.
    Peppermint...tastes like peppermint Mentos candy
    Sahara...tastes a bit like a regular Camel but has some really nice spicy notes...reminds me of a Jucy Lucy Acid cigar more than anything.

defender14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Fishers
    I hope you don't mind me asking questions on your thread but I am curious and don't know anyone that vapes to ask.

I'll start with just a few.

Does it really have no smell? I see that flavors are advertised, does the vapor that you exhale have a smell to it? Does it leave your hands/mouth/hair/clothes smelling like cigarettes?

Costs about $12.50 a month, instead of over $150.00 a month.

What brand e-cig do you use? Or what cartridge I guess

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I just had dinner with Dad and vaped away in the kitchen with him and he commented there was zero order in the air...and I was blowing smoke rings at him...lol. The clothes and such i am not sure about as everything I own still has the old cig smoke clinging to it but I think as I wash clothes that will go away. If Dad can not smell anything in the same room i don't think it will deposit odors on clothing or furniture, etc. The taste does stay in you mouth for a bit...but it is rather pleasant unlike cigarette smoke.

I use the V2 Cig and cartridges...

defender14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Fishers
    I use the V2 Cig and cartridges...

Their site claims 1 cartridge is equal to roughly 1 pack of cigarettes. Do you think that is true?

My wife hates that i smoke so I mainly smoke at work, roughly 10 cigarettes a day. I have a 4yo daughter and a 5mo son, I need to quit for them and I think an e-cig would definitely help since I enjoy to nicotine as well as the "ritual" of smoking, smoking by myself calms me, and while at work smoking with friends is also a social situation.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I have been working off 4 cartridges (try different flavors) for 3 days now, haven't completely used up a cartridge yet. I am happy with the cartridge life but i do find it hard to equate then to analog cigarettes. I am the kind of person who lights a smoke, takes 3-4 hits and then sets it down in the ashtray where it burns out and 75% of the cigarette is wasted. With the e-cig you don't have that kind of waste. For me each cartridge seems to be lasting about two packs worth.

I do think you will get the 300 puffs out of a cartridge, so if you get 15 puffs per analog cig then yes it will equal a pack. But as I got on average 7-8 puff per cig you can see how much I was wasting before. How many times have you lit a cigarette, taken a couple puffs...set it down to type an answer on a forum then by the time you finished your answer and reached for the cig it had burned down to the filter...happened to me all the time and I just wasted most of a cigarette!

I do hit the e-cig fairly often...but I take a puff or two then set it down and there is zero waste while it sits there. And never that nasty relit cig taste either.

I did get a battery to run down after a day in Lafayette...it took about 2 hours to charge back up...but while it was charging I had the other battery unit and the usb cig to use...was never out of puffing power.

All the social aspects of smoking are there...the negatives are all that is missing for me.

btw...I would suggest the manual rather than the automatic battery units. The automatic start heating when you start drawing and work well enough but with the manual you can preheat the atomizer for a second before starting your draw and get a much thicker and richer vape...I just prefer the heavier throat hit and taste as I smoked full flavor all my life.

how thick is the vape? check out my smoke rings at the end of this 20 second video...lol...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGV7a1bIUf4[/ame]

Last edited:

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Their site claims 1 cartridge is equal to roughly 1 pack of cigarettes. Do you think that is true?

My wife hates that i smoke so I mainly smoke at work, roughly 10 cigarettes a day. I have a 4yo daughter and a 5mo son, I need to quit for them and I think an e-cig would definitely help since I enjoy to nicotine as well as the "ritual" of smoking, smoking by myself calms me, and while at work smoking with friends is also a social situation.

Here are a couple websites
    ARES - High quality electronic cigarettes
    ElectronicStix.Com Your Premier Vaping Vendor Since 2008

I would recommend getting the joye ego starter kit with some boge 510 cartomizers from electronicstix. For juice I recommend ares ecig but electronicstix has some good juices and I think both websites have sampler juices so that you can try out different flavors. The two batteries that come with the joye ego will last you atleast six months if not a year(Im still on my first set) That is going to be the best setup for the price and to get started out. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me Ive done a lot of research and quit smoking with these.

Top Bottom