• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    We shouldn't be creating Pearl Harbors, we should be creating Hiroshimas for every ass-backwards ****hole that wants to go to attack us.

That is a smart, well educated attitude. Bullying the mentally handicapped kid because we can may not be the best approach.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I think it's good, except the crater needs to be quite a bit deeper. The fact that the enemy combatants there aren't military personnel but are rather "civilians" that fight when the opportunity presents itself makes no one innocent. I think we need to make a few new "great lakes" in the region and open resorts, stock them with fish, sell time shares, etc...and be done with it.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    That is a smart, well educated attitude. Bullying the mentally handicapped kid because we can may not be the best approach.

Huh...

I see it from a bit different point of fact. I do not think we are the Bully picking on the Mentally Handicapped Kid. I see it more like when you know that guy in your Neighborhood that has a Big Ol' Dog laying out in his yard that the Kids around tease on occasion. The Dog will lay there and take it for awhile, then he is going to get tired of it and someones kid will get bit.

I think Carmel hp got it right. War should be so freaking nasty and miserable that no one wants to push someone to that line. Instead what have we done we have made War PC, we have made it kinder and gentler. We have let everyone in the World know that if you go to War with us we will do Our best to not hurt anyone that does not fit into a well defined definition of what the enemy is. You have Politicians that are willing to pay bribes to Countries that Threaten to Attack us.

So, now We have created an environment that any 3rd World craphole can and will threaten us. And they do it on a regular basis...

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    the fastest way to end all this is to break their will to fight. if that doesnt happen until theyre all dead, im sorry for 'em. USA! USA! USA!

Unfortunately, I am not convinced that you can "break their (Afgans) will to fight". Historically, it seems to have been bred into their genes. Nobody that I can think of has successfully broked their will to fight. I think one of the Khans may have come clsoe by killing everyone in one of their cities, but they're still there and he's long gone...

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Unfortunately, I am not convinced that you can "break their (Afgans) will to fight". Historically, it seems to have been bred into their genes. Nobody that I can think of has successfully broked their will to fight. I think one of the Khans may have come clsoe by killing everyone in one of their cities, but they're still there and he's long gone...

You can break anyone's will to fight...
    If the Civilians that are at home are willing to pay the Butcher's Bill...

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    You can break anyone's will to fight...
    If the Civilians that are at home are willing to pay the Butcher's Bill...

I think you may need a more thourough study of history. There are societies where all you can do is kill them all. I think Afganistan is one of those.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I think you may need a more thourough study of history. There are societies where all you can do is kill them all. I think Afganistan is one of those.

LOL...
    I have studied a fair bit of History, needs of my profession...
    Afghanistan is not one of them. They may have been at one time, but no longer.

Our Problem is we are not fighting a War there we are acting like Cops there...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    LOL...
    I have studied a fair bit of History, needs of my profession...
    Afghanistan is not one of them. They may have been at one time, but no longer.

Our Problem is we are not fighting a War there we are acting like Cops there...
    The Afghanistan and Iraq leaders seem to want us to act solely as law enforcement. Kind of, "If you don't do what I say, my big brother will hurt you," keeping us in their back pocket.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    The Afghanistan and Iraq leaders seem to want us to act solely as law enforcement. Kind of, "If you don't do what I say, my big brother will hurt you," keeping us in their back pocket.

Actually it's more like Rope-a-dope. We are repeating the same mistakes the Russians made. They use $10 to cause us to spend $10 million. Not sustainable.

We need to decide if we are at war or not. If we are (and I'm totally good with that) then get out of the military's way and let them do what they do. If not, then let's pull our troops out. On the way out execute a scorched earth plan to show them what happens if we have to return.

We can defeat these guys on the battlefield in about 20 minutes. Defeating their will to fight is proving to be more difficult, especially when we tie our guys hands behind their backs.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    We can defeat these guys on the battlefield in about 20 minutes. Defeating their will to fight is proving to be more difficult, especially when we tie our guys hands behind their backs.

Just nuke everything in sight right? What could possibly go wrong?

Grow up Peter Pan.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Just nuke everything in sight right? What could possibly go wrong?

Grow up Peter Pan.

If you spent 10 minutes off Fantasy Island you'd find the world is a really dangerous place and sometimes you do what you have to do not what you want to do.

Time to feed your unicorn Tatoo.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    If you spent 10 minutes off Fantasy Island you'd find the world is a really dangerous place and sometimes you do what you have to do not what you want to do.

Time to feed your unicorn Tatoo.

No one has ever even convinced me that we "have to" be in Afghanistan whatsoever, let alone convince me that we "have to" provoke an intercontinental nuclear war.

Can you tell me good how our survival depends on perpetual war with nomadic tribesmen 9,000 miles away? Please distinguish between "want to" and "have to" in terms of this war.

Tell me what the residents of Paralegal Island are saying.

You said it yourself, this war is not sustainable. Swallow your pride and get on the right side of this issue -- withdraw the troops immediately. It needs to end before we collapse like the Soviets. Who is going to fear our military once we bankrupt ourselves and Balkanize the republic?

mrdryoung

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    No one wants the war to end sooner than the troops who have to fight in it. But we had that mentality before 2001 that their problems would stay overseas, and that did not happen.

Therefore, we had to put troops on ground to funnel the enemy to fight us somewhere other than the US. The entire purpose of the Afghan battle is to deny the enemy a permanent place of residence, like they had before 2001.

McKinney 19D, you talk as though you were part of a FECC and maybe even involved with information operations. I’d be willing to bet that you had the greatest boss in the country…

R_abbi_T

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    LaPorte
    well this was a fun thread to read through I have always enjoyed hearing other peoples opinions on war.

Regardless of whether or not you believe we should be in these was is irrelavent what matters is the soldiers who do there job for the people who do believe in it. It tells you that when there is a cause you do believe in they will be there fighting for you. The battles we fight will always be decided by people who don't have to fight them. And the people who fight them will always do it regardless of why. Never have I set foot on a battle field and shouted "THIS ONES FOR THE PEOPLE WHO DIED IN 9/11!" but too many times I have screamed "STAY CLOSE TO ME AND COVER MY 6 SO WE CAN BOTH GO HOME!" A soldiers only thought is accomplish the mission. When you are soaked in sweat and caked in dirt and 2 mags from dry the last thing you are thinking about is I wonder if we are fighting for oil? and what do you think this fire fight is going to do to the national budget!
    Support your troops regardless of your opinion on the war because they are supporting you and everything you hold dear.

Thanx guys for what you are doing if it comes down to you or him do what you have to do to come home. And thank all you Nam/WWII vets you did more then my generation will ever have to.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    well this was a fun thread to read through I have always enjoyed hearing other peoples opinions on war.

Regardless of whether or not you believe we should be in these was is irrelavent what matters is the soldiers who do there job for the people who do believe in it. It tells you that when there is a cause you do believe in they will be there fighting for you. The battles we fight will always be decided by people who don't have to fight them. And the people who fight them will always do it regardless of why. Never have I set foot on a battle field and shouted "THIS ONES FOR THE PEOPLE WHO DIED IN 9/11!" but too many times I have screamed "STAY CLOSE TO ME AND COVER MY 6 SO WE CAN BOTH GO HOME!" A soldiers only thought is accomplish the mission. When you are soaked in sweat and caked in dirt and 2 mags from dry the last thing you are thinking about is I wonder if we are fighting for oil? and what do you think this fire fight is going to do to the national budget!
    Support your troops regardless of your opinion on the war because they are supporting you and everything you hold dear.

Thanx guys for what you are doing if it comes down to you or him do what you have to do to come home. And thank all you Nam/WWII vets you did more then my generation will ever have to.

Well said. I seem to be the heel in this debate, but I hope I haven't come off as an opponent of any troops. If anything I would like to see less of them dying needlessly.

mrdryoung

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Well said. I seem to be the heel in this debate, but I hope I haven't come off as an opponent of any troops. If anything I would like to see less of them dying needlessly.

You are aware that we have a military comprised of volunteers, correct? Also, the service of these individuals is by no means needless.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    No one has ever even convinced me that we "have to" be in Afghanistan whatsoever, let alone convince me that we "have to" provoke an intercontinental nuclear war.
    As A Soldier in the Service of Our Country it is not my Decision were or who to fight. All I want is when You and Congress point me at the Target of your angst is the ability to Win. Take no tool from my box that I may use to defeat an Enemy of the Nation. It is like telling a Professional Boxer that he must fight an MMA Match but he can only slap box his opponent...

Can you tell me good how our survival depends on perpetual war with nomadic tribesmen 9,000 miles away? Please distinguish between "want to" and "have to" in terms of this war.
    Congress made that Decision for the People 10 years ago...
    Many Americans thought it was a good decision at the time too...

You said it yourself, this war is not sustainable. Swallow your pride and get on the right side of this issue -- withdraw the troops immediately. It needs to end before we collapse like the Soviets. Who is going to fear our military once we bankrupt ourselves and Balkanize the republic?
    This War is not sustainable in the way the People of the US and Congress demand we fight it. This War is very winnable. Take the Kids Gloves off the Military and let us do the Voodoo that we do that we do...

The Problem is the People at home who want us there to right the wrongs against "Them" are afraid to pay what the "Butcher's Bill" will be...

No not the Heel a little bit higher... ;)
    I understand you are not against the Troops. It just comes out that way a lot of the time.

Top Bottom