• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • norsk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    I have read through many pages in the 2nd Amendment section, as well as some of the actual law text, but I have not been able to fully answer my question, so here goes: Under the new laws, is is legal for a person (with an ltch) to keep a (loaded) handgun in their vehicle, which is parked on their employer's property, if the employer has a daycare facility on their grounds? The specific employer here is a hospital who claims they have a daycare service (personally I think this is debateable, but that is another matter). If it is relevant, there are no signs probitting firearms on any entrance or hospital literature.

Thanks in advance.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I have read through many pages in the 2nd Amendment section, as well as some of the actual law text, but I have not been able to fully answer my question, so here goes: Under the new laws, is is legal for a person (with an ltch) to keep a (loaded) handgun in their vehicle, which is parked on their employer's property, if the employer has a daycare facility on their grounds? The specific employer here is a hospital who claims they have a daycare service (personally I think this is debateable, but that is another matter). If it is relevant, there are no signs probitting firearms on any entrance or hospital literature.

Thanks in advance.

If it's your employer...I do not see anything that would make them exempt from the ruling....the only thing that would, would be if you worked at a government building, because obviously that rule is Federal law...which trumpts state law anyday

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    If they actually do have a licensed daycare as defined in the IC then STATE LAW prohibits you from carrying a firearm on the property unless you are in control of the vehicle, are either picking up or dropping off kids & you can't leave your vehicle. This means you can't leave it in your vehicle & get out to go into work there, either.

The parking lot bill doesn't override that part of state law.

You really need to find out if they really have a daycare.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    personally, I live by the code....what they don't know, won't hurt them......there's plenty of possibilities for safety issues between your home and your work even if you do work at a restricted location....in any case, I always have at LEAST a blade on me....which if you know what you're doing is more dangerous that a gun within 20' anyway....but that's probably the jarhead in me

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    personally, I live by the code....what they don't know, won't hurt them......there's plenty of possibilities for safety issues between your home and your work even if you do work at a restricted location....in any case, I always have at LEAST a blade on me....which if you know what you're doing is more dangerous that a gun within 20' anyway....but that's probably the jarhead in me

I don't think it's wise to suggest that someone commit a felony on a public forum. If you do it yourself that's on you & if you get caught you will pay the consequences including never being able to legally own a gun. I just wouldn't talk about it here.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    "Gun owners are among the most law-abiding people you'll ever meet." ...unless they disagree with the law or find it inconvenient...

Top Bottom