• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T-Mann

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Michiana Area
    But... you carry that way most of the time and it doesn't bother you that you're sweeping everyone in the world? I think you can argue either side of the shoulder rig/holstered weapon thing, but seems like you're 50/50. ?

Which is why I went with a vertical shoulder system.....

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Galco-Vertical-Shoulder-Holster-Springfield/dp/B000TBC8ZU"]Amazon.com: Galco Vertical Shoulder Holster System for 1911 5-Inch Colt, Kimber, Para, Springfield (Tan, Ambi): Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

Cto

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Hamilton Co
    These are all good suggestions. I might have to look in to something myself. I drive an hour to and from work each day, and so I don't accidentally forget and bring my gun into work (forbidden inside and they even claim they are not allowed in vehicles on property which is not enforceable according to Indiana law) I lock it up in a box under my driver seat. Obviously I don't do this until I park at work, so in the meantime I put it in the glove box before transferring it to the lock box... What a pain!!

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I use a Gum Creek steering column rig and a product called SeatCarry. The Gum Creek rig can also be bought at the NRA Store. What I use goes into the SeatCarry at end of trip plus I carry IWB. This works for me.

outnumbered

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Situational awareness while driving should be just as important as where you secure your weapon. I try to not allow myself to become so complacent while in my car that a weapon would need to be my first reaction to a threat. That awareness could allow you to use your vehicle to flee or as a weapon. However, whatever way you carry your weapon should be the same as often as possible so that if the threat must be countered with your handgun, you can acquire it securely and present it to use quickly and efficiently.

EOD Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carroll County
    You could look into a fobus holster mounted under the dash or side of the center console. Just remove paddle belt clip if needed and screw it someplace that is comfortable/natural for your reach/grip.

Some folks have a dedicated car gun so there's no need to swap holsters to have something easily accessible when seated wearing a seatbelt.

cmj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   1
    Apr 10, 2011
    I picked up a remora holster. It stays put between the seat and console, and I can easily sport it on my persons for days that I'm on campus and am not wearing a holster.

Mwiseman6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    I have a Bersa Thunder 9 UC in a Nylon holster with the extra mag. Like from acecase.com. It fits perfectly in the tissue box holder in the lid of my center console. Nobody would ever know it was there and I don't have to worry about any passengers seeing it or discovering it in the glove box.

IndyKiller82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Avon, IN
    I keep mine right between my legs so all I have to do is reach down and pull it out of the holster seen here:

holster2_zpsbd459981.jpg

holster_zps52cc1948.jpg

Bailey06

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I keep a G19 in console loaded with 17rd mag, in the glove box i have a 33rd mag just in case. Then i usually have my LCP in my pocket.

Milkshakeed

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So you all got my mind thinking about a simple solution for the time being. The goal is to have easy access, but for it to be comfortable (in my case it's needed to be an easier draw). I have a left handed inside the belt holster that I put on the outside of my belt on my left side, under my coat (right handed cross the body draw, think Doc Holiday in Tombstone). It was comfortable and a quick, easy reach. I now have to break the holster in, but it's a great temporary solution. I holstered in my normal carry position and threw the other holster in the glove box when I got to my destination.

IndyKiller82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Avon, IN
    So you all got my mind thinking about a simple solution for the time being. The goal is to have easy access, but for it to be comfortable (in my case it's needed to be an easier draw). I have a left handed inside the belt holster that I put on the outside of my belt on my left side, under my coat (right handed cross the body draw, think Doc Holiday in Tombstone). It was comfortable and a quick, easy reach. I now have to break the holster in, but it's a great temporary solution. I holstered in my normal carry position and threw the other holster in the glove box when I got to my destination.

Doesn't get any easier to draw than this:

holster_zps52cc1948.jpg

PhilDeez

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2011
    If your truck has a center console try putting it in a holster in the console. Or fashion a holster to the outside of the console between your seat and the console. That way it's still accessible, but concealed. Also makes re holstering easier.

Dobber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Granger (South Bend)

Sorry for stealing your pic Tnich....I have a crappy FOBUS paddle holster that I clip to one of the plastic pockets on my door. The gun is OUTSIDE of the pocket and rests around the top of my left calf. The plastic is thick enough that the holster does not slide forward of back. This is not an ideal carry location since I'm right handed but I've practiced the draw and can/will make it work in a tight spot. I only ever use it on IN->FL trips, wearing the weapon when I exit my vehicle, and when I'm entering a non-carry building such as schools, federal buildings, etc.

-Dobber

mwaym

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2012
    I drive a 2005 Ford truck.... It has a sunglass compartment above that s
    wings down... and it is right above the center console.... I put my 380 up there, concealed, outta sight...Even my son's sr9 cradles well in it.... just push the button and the pistol swings down...... kinda cool actually

sben763

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    My pocket gun never leaves my pocket but I do carry a S&W .40 shield and when traveling I stick it between the center counsel and the seat. The in the pants leather holster stops it from falling down and its in a perfect position of an easy draw. Being right handed I thought about putting it in the door panel but wasn't easy to draw and if someone where to swing open the door its now out of reach where as being on my right side and easily grabbed without much notice and also hard for anyone else to grab.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Mine stays in the holster, on my belt at all times (unless traveling through a state which considers me "unworthy") or going into a school.

Top Bottom