• ...and so much more!
  • GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    The backlit instrument clusters seem to make this worse. No automatic lights, my dash is lit up = lights on. I personally despise the new light up style clusters, they hurt my eyes and are all but impossible to see in sunlight. :twocents:

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I gave up and started wearing these cheap cheesy Bono-looking night driving glasses I got all the wally world. As for the chuckleheads that can't remember to turn on lights when it's dark, rainy, or both? I have nothing to help them. They are likely serial offenders.

What gets me is the high beams ALL THE TIME. I drive down US-31 every morning for work and have never made it yet without some idiot strolling down the road with high beams blaring.

WHat makes it so egregious is that modern headlights are so bright. The makes the offense doubly worse: it's more blinding than ever, AND there's almost never an occasion where you truly need your high beams. The low beams on newer cars are super bright if they have HID or LED lights.

My car has HIDs. They are excellent. And I almost never use the high beams, except as a reminder to the goobers that populate US31 that they need not have their brights on.

The car that was behind me this morning had newer LED lights that had wicked glare. But it was also "cross-eyed" in that only one or the other that was offending, with only a few times both of them in sight. I find it unlikely that such poor alignment is in a production car, so I'm assuming these were cheap auto parts store aftermarket lights installed by someone incompetent. I could be wrong.

What I've noticed are cheap aftermarket components that are a poor fit and/or difficult if not impossible to adjust right. Installing LED's into OEM fixtures often isn't any better as the LED light refracts and reflects differently than a halogen bulb, hence the wicked glare from many aftermarket LED replacements.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Agreed, but there are some cars that have "daytime running lights" and that if the car is running you can't turn them off. My FJ is that way, and my wife's previous car (now the daughter's) Honda Pilot was that way. I can't stand it myself, but they can't be turned off without turning off the car.

Try setting the parking brake. Works on my GMs with DRLs and I had always assumed it probably worked that way on other cars too.

Top Bottom