• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.4%
    34   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    I don't know what gunslinger pays to lease out the field house property, but what about all of the vacant commercial properties around the fort?
    The empty home depot or k-marts or hell, plop that sucker down in the grand wayne ! lol
    Hopefully there is some location that could work.

I was thinking the same thing, Heck What about the Fairgrounds!
    I figure it was to late to move it but I hope Gunslingers keep promoting in Fort Wayne

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    :):
    I don't know what gunslinger pays to lease out the field house property, but what about all of the vacant commercial properties around the fort?
    The empty home depot or k-marts or hell, plop that sucker down in the grand wayne ! lol
    Hopefully there is some location that could work.
    They ever find a use for the southtown mall?

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I liked the Fieldhouse location. It was new, clean, bright, good HVAC. Hope the lessors have to pay a hefty monetary price for their fake reasons for cancelling a valid contract.

The other suggestions of dead shopping centers always made everything seem dumpy to me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I liked the Fieldhouse location. It was new, clean, bright, good HVAC. Hope the lessors have to pay a hefty monetary price for their fake reasons for cancelling a valid contract.

The other suggestions of dead shopping centers always made everything seem dumpy to me.

Waking up a dead building is not easy and no where near cheap. There is more to it than just unlocking the doors and flipping on the lights. A lot more.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.4%
    34   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    They ever find a use for the southtown mall?

yep !
    They tore it down . the city put in a building for the police Academy , I believe the Fire Dept does some Training there also. and in front that is a Menards and Walmart

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Burning public money to make a political statement, maybe hoping national media will notice them. It's not like they will be paying the lawyers out of pocket, so it's a win as far as the leadership is concerned.
    Are you saying Parkview is controlled by the city?

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    After hearing Mayor Henry's speech at MFOL, I am not the least bit surprised. He would fully support this, cost to the taxpayers be damned. He's all about the virtue signaling.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Keep in mind that Sportone Parkview Fieldhouse is not related and in a separate location from Parkview Field baseball stadium.

THIS.

And it's not even controlled by Parkview. RCI Development should be the target of your ire. I believe they're the ones who reneged.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks for clarifying. So it's not a city misusing taxpayer dollars, but rather a private company that cancelled?

That's my thought. There's likely some tax dollars that funded this place, much like the baseball stadium. The public funded part of that, but Hardball Inc. runs it, so they can post GFZ signs (which we can ignore :D).

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The confusion of public funds getting into the discussion appears to be due to Bigtankers comment about a similar action. He was saying it had been done before by .gov, not that .gov is doing it now.

South Bend did the same thing years ago and lost a suit.
    A private venue has cancelled this time. (and expect them to lose as well)

Top Bottom