• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    This is why I got out of AK's some time ago, they're fun and all but not worth all this nonsense! Maybe is Russia plays nice one day and it opens back up, but sheesh!

Im actually kinda in the opposite opinion. I love that guns I purchased at 250$ shot up to over 1000. That's a better return than most investments! I do hate that I never bought a bunch of Vepr12 mags so now I'm lacking...btw if anyone knows where a player can score some Vepr12 mags...holla atcha boy

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Im actually kinda in the opposite opinion. I love that guns I purchased at 250$ shot up to over 1000. That's a better return than most investments! I do hate that I never bought a bunch of Vepr12 mags so now I'm lacking...btw if anyone knows where a player can score some Vepr12 mags...holla atcha boy

Yeah, I missed it when K-var blew out the SGL-21s for $499 but at least I have one and a Vepr for less than a grand each. I did score a half doven Molot 5 round Vepr 12 mags from Aim for $15/each a while back. Unfortunately I was on the fence about getting the 5 pack of 8 round Molot mags for $275 from Legion and of course they are long gone. Still tempting to get a second Vepr 12 folder. Classic still ahs them in stock.

I now worry about being able to get a front sight gas block combo to repair my Saiga .223. May just repair the hole with a screw and forget it.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Understand for sure, I just dislike that they are banned and crazy market wise. I had fun in the 5.45 pool before the ammo got scarce, ak's are a blast! But it reminds me of the guys with class 3 firearms that would do anything to keep them that way so they didn't lose $$$. I'd rather they all be un tethered, cheap, and available. My opinion of course and I still heart the commie stuff.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I did find Molot OEM 10 rounders for $90 each here 5.45 AK-74 7.62 AK-47 magazines inert ammunition

I did search and the site appears to be G2G

ETA: The price listed is 89 (British Pounds). Non-EU buyers get a 20% VAT discount so it becomes 71.20 pounds. Exchange rate at purchase was $1.27/pound so the actual price then is $90.42 which is close to what Legion was selling them for pre-ban.

Last edited:

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    any gun stores that I see with them marked up super high won't get anymore business of mine then because that means they've already paid the regular price for them. If they mark them up they are pulling a "cheaper than dirt" and deserve boycotted

No, it is basic economics, if they mark them up they are just responding to the reduced supply and increased demand. Why should they sell them for the old price just to have people flip them on gunbroker for much higher prices? I doubt you complain when the price of a firearm drops due to increased supply/decreased demand even though the gun stores bought them before the price dropped.

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    I screwd around and didn't buy a 5.45 back when they were cheap.. I'm paying for it now. Just picked one up from GB for $1326. Do I need another 5.45, no, but I reeeaallly wanted one.
    :puke:
    I did however come out on top with the 308 I just bought for $750. Watched a beat up one on GB sell for just over $1k lastnight.

Last edited:

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    I didn't resurrect this necrothread but I'll gladly contribute to it now that it's back up top :cool:

The AK and AR markets have totally reversed roles in the past few years, and the VEPR ban was one big nail in the "cheap combloc guns" market, but by no means the only nail. I'm not old enough to have enjoyed the "golden years" of AKs, but I'm lucky to have gotten my foot in the door while there were still plenty of retailer deals to be had. I did get into the 5.45 game super late (hence my current BST ads) and shoot that caliber the most nowadays, but find all AK calibers pretty much equally fun and interesting.

All this said, the VEPR FM is an utter beast and I'm beyond thankful I grabbed one before the ban.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Wish I'd held onto my Vepr FM but it was just sitting in the safe. K-Var had Russian 8 round 12 ga mags on sale for Christmas and I happily picked a few up for $64.99 each. they are back up to $99.99.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    I screwd around and didn't buy a 5.45 back when they were cheap.. I'm paying for it now. Just picked one up from GB for $1326. Do I need another 5.45, no, but I reeeaallly wanted one.
    :puke:
    I did however come out on top with the 308 I just bought for $750. Watched a beat up one on GB sell for just over $1k lastnight.
    And yours was LNiB. So that’s a definite bonus.
    I didn't resurrect this necrothread but I'll gladly contribute to it now that it's back up top
    :cool:

The AK and AR markets have totally reversed roles in the past few years, and the VEPR ban was one big nail in the "cheap combloc guns" market, but by no means the only nail. I'm not old enough to have enjoyed the "golden years" of AKs, but I'm lucky to have gotten my foot in the door while there were still plenty of retailer deals to be had. I did get into the 5.45 game super late (hence my current BST ads) and shoot that caliber the most nowadays, but find all AK calibers pretty much equally fun and interesting.

All this said, the VEPR FM is an utter beast and I'm beyond thankful I grabbed one before the ban.

Bought ALL of my Vepr rifles from a LGS in early 2017, told them I had to grab them while they were cheap and before the ban, they laughed it off and didn’t see the writing on the wall, they already drummed up Russia-gate it was obviously coming.

I still say the Saiga is better than the VEPR.

Top Bottom