• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Nothing to do with a banking app. Call from "your phone" which is associated with your account, request User ID be texted to you via "forgot user ID" on website. Then request to reset password via website. That's sent to "your phone" as well. Then change password and gain access to online account. Change PIN, wire yourself money, and then cancel service on "your phone" so the person has trouble reporting it and can't just do the same thing to gain control of the account back.

The app can actually be more secure, in that you can set it to require a fingerprint or facial recognition. Of course now I find out USAA has a physical key fob thing you can request as well, which will generate a one time code each time you need to access something online.

*oh, and some folks have asked how they knew where I bank. Since they had my records, they could see what bank I used to pay my phone bill, which was USAA.

That keyfob thing kept people from stealing my world of Warcraft account for years. Some nerd grew up got a job in cyber security and moved it into banking lol. The random number generator is actually more secure than my banking app. I don't play the game anymore but I keep the app (moved away from the keyfob) on my phone and my account locked (incase I become single again someday), to transfer the app and make it work on another phone it requires a code from the physical phone it was on prior.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Glad I'm on Cricket Wireless.
    I got to where I despised Verizon. Fifteen years of purchasing their plans but I rarely got any "customer service".

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Also not sure why SMS is still being used for 2FA after it's been a proven weak point for years now.

Even though it is the weak point, it's (slightly) better than nothing. Getting the consumer to download and install anything else going to be a very uphill battle.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This really sucks BBI, best of luck to you. Just to make sure I'm tracking, the PIN is the PIN to unlock your phone?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    How's Cricket treating you? Is the coverage still the same as your old service?

I could not be happier!
    My coverage area and basic service quality are equal to if not better than Verizon ever was.

I have service in areas now that were non-existent with Verizon.
    My Verizon phone bill, for nothing but unlimited talk and text was running $74 p/mo.
    My Cricket bill, with the same unlimited talk and text, is only $25 p/mo AFTER taxes!

Now, I do NOT have a data plan on my phone. I use my phone for making calls, imagine that, and nothing else.
    Still, my cell phone bill is a grand total of $300 per YEAR!
    It is a month-to-month deal with no contract.

I would HIGHLY recommend Cricket Wireless for anyone who is tired of Verizon.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I need to check into them I guess. But we have data as well... not much, but it does get used. I always worry I will make a switch and it will suck. Then going back will cost more.

Spending $192/mo with six phones.

Maybe I will grab a Cricket burner phone to test it for a few months.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Cricket uses AT&T's network. Which is better, AT&T or Verizon, depends on where you are. On my rural property only Verizon can get out. I own stock in AT&T, though, so switch if you can. :)

BobDaniels

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Boone Co
    Nothing to do with a banking app. Call from "your phone" which is associated with your account, request User ID be texted to you via "forgot user ID" on website. Then request to reset password via website. That's sent to "your phone" as well. Then change password and gain access to online account. Change PIN, wire yourself money, and then cancel service on "your phone" so the person has trouble reporting it and can't just do the same thing to gain control of the account back.

The app can actually be more secure, in that you can set it to require a fingerprint or facial recognition. Of course now I find out USAA has a physical key fob thing you can request as well, which will generate a one time code each time you need to access something online.

*oh, and some folks have asked how they knew where I bank. Since they had my records, they could see what bank I used to pay my phone bill, which was USAA.

Ah, I misunderstood, thank you for the clarification. That's just some crazy **** right there.

Top Bottom