• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bonehead

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    Vincennes
    Well this all started last Wed when I was wheeled into the local ER.........
    I apparently had passed out at work and ended up having a small seizure after Cat scans and MRIs it was shown that I had a tumor about 4.5cmx3.0cm in the right front part of my brain
    smiley_freak.gif

I was then transferred to a larger more capable hospital to get this taken care of .

They operated on me on labor day morning and had it out......
    IMG_0426.jpg

The next morning (Tuesday) they pulled the drain and the catheter OUCH LOL

IMG_0427.jpg

Within 2 hrs of that I was up walking around and ready to get the hell out of that place

IMG_0429.jpg

I was released at about 6pm my time on Wed the 4th and now am sitting at home slowly recovering

:yesway:

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    My 40 year old cousin just had this happen too. I'm surprised how fast they get these in and out of the hospital. They don't mess around with heart and brain type problems, they operate quickly...and for good reason.

Be tough man. My prayers are with you. I hope you start having a lot better weeks than that.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That's also going to mess up the part in your hair :D

Seriously though, glad you're ok. Wishes for a speedy recovery.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Just casually draining excess fluids out of your brain I see...

:cheers:

Here's to a speedy recovery. Glad it was discovered before it caused TOO MANY problems

Bonehead

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    Vincennes
    Well this will be the first big update since I left the hospital.

I went back to my neruoDoc today to find out some stuff and oh I did LOL

The test had came back on the tumor, the hospital I went to had even sent it to the Mayo Clinic for a second opinion (which impressed me more than a bit) and their report was that is was a class/stage 2 tumor with a "Favorable outlook"
    When the Doc said "Favorable outlook" he gave me a big thumbs up which made me smile needless to say.........was starting to get nervous for a second as he was reading the Mayo's report to me LOL

With that all said I have to back in two weeks for another MRI, and he wants me into a actual Cancer Doc of his referral to start as he said some new/mild Chemo pills....... was also told that I will be off work for at least a YEAR (got that in writing too)

So the cliff notes version...... Tumor totally removed (follow MRI to check as much), tumor was stage 2 cancer with "Favorable outlook" since removal, got to do mild chemo ............and now to heal up get stronger and enjoy my new lease on life!!!!!
    The out of work for a year is gonna suck as I have a new JK (Jeep) to feed but I will figure that out and get something in the works to deal with it some how.

The one cool thing I found when discussing things that I can do while heal, was I ask the doctor about me going out and shooting as it is a hobby of mine, well come to find out me NeuroDoc is also a gun nut ....... specificity a 1911/AR guy just like me........I have to say that I am in good hands, we spent the last 20 min of my app talking guns and comparing gun pics on our phones.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Glad to hear you are okay, I guess you have to get your username changed now that they got the.bone out. Brain cancer, wow that is scary.... you seem to be taking it well though

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Well this will be the first big update since I left the hospital.

I went back to my neruoDoc today to find out some stuff and oh I did LOL

The test had came back on the tumor, the hospital I went to had even sent it to the Mayo Clinic for a second opinion (which impressed me more than a bit) and their report was that is was a class/stage 2 tumor with a "Favorable outlook"
    When the Doc said "Favorable outlook" he gave me a big thumbs up which made me smile needless to say.........was starting to get nervous for a second as he was reading the Mayo's report to me LOL

With that all said I have to back in two weeks for another MRI, and he wants me into a actual Cancer Doc of his referral to start as he said some new/mild Chemo pills....... was also told that I will be off work for at least a YEAR (got that in writing too)

So the cliff notes version...... Tumor totally removed (follow MRI to check as much), tumor was stage 2 cancer with "Favorable outlook" since removal, got to do mild chemo ............and now to heal up get stronger and enjoy my new lease on life!!!!!
    The out of work for a year is gonna suck as I have a new JK (Jeep) to feed but I will figure that out and get something in the works to deal with it some how.

The one cool thing I found when discussing things that I can do while heal, was I ask the doctor about me going out and shooting as it is a hobby of mine, well come to find out me NeuroDoc is also a gun nut ....... specificity a 1911/AR guy just like me........I have to say that I am in good hands, we spent the last 20 min of my app talking guns and comparing gun pics on our phones.

Overall, it sounds like good news. Prayers for you, my friend.

(Did you get the doc to sign up on INGO? :D)

Top Bottom