• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    It would be worth $10 to have the certificate. You'd get more value than that out of the certificate if you ever decided to resell it.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Try sticking a magnet to it. That will tell you real quick if it is stainless or not.

How? Magnets stick to all my stainless guns, some stainless alloys, like the various 400 grades used in gun making, will attract and hold a magnet.

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Called Ruger earlier today and spoke with a very nice lady in customer service. I told her I was looking for information on a handgun I acquired and gave her the serial number. She laughed and said that's it?! I said yes it's an old one. She said it's a Ruger Single Six made in 1953. I asked if she could give me any specifics on it and was told to send an inquiry form in and it would cost $10 for a certificate of authenticity. So +1 to Ruger for great customer service!

I am debating on whether or not to send in for the certificate...what are your thoughts?

$10? Absolutely, that's cheap compared to what Colt wants. Let us know what you find out.

Top Bottom