• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    President Trump is to visit Bellau wood today, where a brigade of US Marines fought during WW1.

It seems the presidential visit is now canceled due to the rain.

The US President cancelled his visit to the Belleau Wood battlefield and cemetery east of Paris because of ‘scheduling and logistical difficulties caused by the weather,’ the White House said.

A US delegation led by Chief of Staff General John Kelly and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Joe Dunford will visit the cemetery instead, the White House has said.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Sylvain,THANK YOU for always posting such wonderful photos.These are always beautiful,historic,and are places alot of us will never get to witness firsthand.Again thank you.JRK.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    DSC_0511-a-2.jpg

612664395a40232133447d33247d383335393239343331

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    First and foremost, thank you, Sylvain, for the beautiful and touching photos. I obviously don't know you, but are you a professional photographer?

Sorry for the hijack. But this November 11th will also mark the 100th anniversary of Poland becoming an independent and free nation. I have learned that many relatives of mine died in battles fought on the Eastern Front, most having been conscripted by whichever country claimed the partition where they lived. No doubt, family fought family, drafted by either Austria-Hungary or Russia. Bucket list item #1 is to get over there some day.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    First and foremost, thank you, Sylvain, for the beautiful and touching photos. I obviously don't know you, but are you a professional photographer?

Sorry for the hijack. But this November 11th will also mark the 100th anniversary of Poland becoming an independent and free nation. I have learned that many relatives of mine died in battles fought on the Eastern Front, most having been conscripted by whichever country claimed the partition where they lived. No doubt, family fought family, drafted by either Austria-Hungary or Russia. Bucket list item #1 is to get over there some day.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I should have specified that the pictures in this thread are not mine.
    I've posted many of my own pictures over the years on INGO, especially the ones taken in Normandy (cemeteries, bunkers, ceremonies etc) taken with my old crappy ten years old camera.

I'm no professional photographer.

And speaking of anniversary today, November 10th, is the US Marine Corps birthday! :patriot:
    Founded 243 years ago I believe.

Happy birthday Marines!

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

He spends most of his time on the other side of a camera, he's a french model don't ya know.

b516bf29e9a91e2e596d268bf746b763.jpg

I should have specified that the pictures in this thread are not mine.
    I've posted many of my own pictures over the years on INGO, especially the ones taken in Normandy (cemeteries, bunkers, ceremonies etc) taken with my old crappy ten years old camera.

I'm no professional photographer.

Thanks for sharing the pictures, yours and others.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Thanks for the thread and photos Sylvain, you are awesome!

I will add some photos of one of my recent acquisitions in honor of you, it makes sense for the thread as well...

FU0ax2Z.jpg

JwmCJCX.jpg

npN8BUl.jpg

Last edited:

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    It's hard to show the size of those cemeteries, even with aerial pictures.

You really have to stand in the middle of those crosses to understand how large it is.You have rows upon rows in every directions.

In this picture each tiny white dot is a cross.

20151118092839(1).jpg
    This pic puts things into perspective!

Top Bottom