• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    Michael Vick was picked up by the Philadelphia Eagles and given a one year contract for $1.5 million.
    Torturing and slaughtering dogs is a new career path in the NFL.:xmad:

The City of Brotherly Love...... just don't bring your dog there.

Last edited:

GBultra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2009
    Good on him. Dungee is his mentor, numerous quarter backs have lobbied to bring him back. He is one hell of a football player and he has paid his dues twice over.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Good on him. Dungee is his mentor, numerous quarter backs have lobbied to bring him back. He is one hell of a football player and he has paid his dues twice over.

F him. He's a felon and he doesn't deserve any special treatment. Do you think a non-athlete would get a second chance at a high-paying "job" as a convicted felon? Hardly. Make him work for his money like all of us other saps instead of paying him millions to play a freakin' game.

GBultra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2009
    He hasn't gotten any special treatment. He is an amazing athlete which are VERY hard to come by, to get to the NFL is extremely hard. NFL realizes this. Eitherway, he's going to be in the NFL making millions so we can praise/bash him all day but it doesn't change a thing annnddd it's the weekend with beautiful weather!

Last edited:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Being an amazing athlete has nothing to do with it. He's a convicted felon. There should be a standard in "professional" sports that says if you cannot follow the rules of society you shouldn't be allowed to represent a team. I could care less about making millions. I know that with my $60,000 a year salary I have never a)owned a dogfighting ring, b)participated in a dogfighting ring, c)killed a dog for sport/pleasure/business, and d)spent time in a federal prison.

Athletes aren't gods. Sure they have a talent/skill that us mere mortals don't have, but there is no reason to worship them and pay them millions of dollars to "play."

Irish1218

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN
    He is a convicted felon and should not be allowed back in the league. You have Pete Rose who gambled and has been blacklisted no matter what his numerous accomplishments were. Whats good for one is good for another. The NFL wanted him back because of the financial hard times and want to put people in the seats. They are going to capitalize on his "hard luck"story.

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    He should not be allowed back in. I thought he was blacklisted from playing. Did that happen or did he just pay off the NFL?

He may be a great player, but after what he did does not sit well with me, it just gives the sport a bad rap and sends the message that you can do bad things and have no long-term consequences in your own career.

I have tickets to the Colts VS Eagles game next week. I was thinking of making a protest shirt for the game.

Any Thoughts on what it should say?

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    He should not be allowed back in. I thought he was blacklisted from playing. Did that happen or did he just pay off the NFL?

He may be a great player, but after what he did does not sit well with me, it just gives the sport a bad rap and sends the message that you can do bad things and have no long-term consequences in your own career.

I have tickets to the Colts VS Eagles game next week. I was thinking of making a protest shirt for the game.

If you feel that strongly about it...sell your ticket and donate the money to an animal shelter.

FordMan08

Shooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    24   1   1
    Nov 26, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    Does a guy that does this to animals deserve a second chance? I say no.

dead_pit_bull_28.jpg

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis

"Hey Vick...Please don't fry my dog."

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I heard his brief comments he made yesterday and I wouldn't say he is sincere. He is a thug, nothing more, nothing less. He has talent for sure. If he couldn't play football he'd already be spending his life in prison.

I get really tired of how athletes can be massive POS and there is a large segment of society that worships the ground the walk on.

Seriously, what kind of messed up do you have to be to harm dogs like that? Do you really think you can be rehabilitated from that kind of deranged sickness?

mmills63

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    Shelbyville, IN.
    I will have to agree with dice dealer and 1969 pro athletes are no better then anyone else they just do a different job but they sure appear to get special treatment and alot are very bad role models for children. Just my :twocents:

PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    Vick will put people in seats.

There is a segment of our society that accepts bad behavior as normal. That segment seems to be most noticeable in the entertainment industry which includes professional sports. I believe Vick was telling the truth when he admitted he did not know to what extent the brutal treatment was happening. I just think he is sorry he got caught, but not really sorry about the way many of those animals were treated.

On the other hand, there are so many pro athletes who are truly good citizens and use their popularity to promote and provide positive examples.
    For example, Jeff Foster (Indiana Pacers) was recently in the news locally because he finished his college coursework for a degree. Now, he probably won't need that in his future but it set a great example regarding education.

Foster is the same guy who talked with my 15 year old about basketball for at least 20 minutes. He was doing a promotional appearance at a Marsh supermarket last winter, the weather was horrible, with a nonexistant turnout. Jeff could have just ignored my son (a big fan too!) and chatted away on his cell phone. Instead, he asked about school, other sports, girls, and even my son's goals in life....My son told me all this later. I was buying stuff and couldn't hear the conversation so I can say Jeff wasn't trying to impress me, the dad. Very neat. What a class act.

Jeff Foster +1

Top Bottom