• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Anybody been to the fairly new LGS/Range right off 70 by New Castle? It's a nice store with a varied inventory and has a range. Targets are unusual in that they are digital and projected, you pick the target and 'distance' you'd like and it is projected on the screen. I haven't used the range yet so I can't comment on how it is. I stopped in there today and found a Ruger revolver I hadn't seen before. It's a Lipsey's exclusive blued GP100 with 5 inch barrel without the full underlug and smooth walnut grips, ended up laying it away.

RUGER GP100 357 MAGNUM | 38 SPECIAL - RUGP35751 - LIPSEY'S EXCLUSIVE - 1768 - UPC:736676017683 - Lipseys.com

LizR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2017
    Henry County
    I have been there. I bought a few guns there. I used the range. I can't really compare it anything because that is the only place I have been. Nice place, nice selection, and cool folks work there.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    My youngest Son and I went to VRA today to do some shooting. It was my first time in there. I really enjoyed the computer generated targets. There are a bunch to choose from including pop-ups, shoot-no shoot and various others. I preferred the pop-ups and my Son liked the zombie targets. VRA will likely be our bad weather range in the future. We shoot on private property when the weather is tolerable.

The only down side of the range is if you are a reloader they do not allow reloads and they appear to keep your brass but I didn't ask about it. The store part has a really large selection of guns and ammo with prices at about retail level.

VRA.jpg

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    OK, I understand, maybe, no reloads. Won’t go there because they won’t let you collect your own brass! Who are they to take your brass that you paid for! Especially when they collect it and probably sell it themselves.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Last Tuesday I had business in 33C03 so I just happened to take the route home that passed by VRA.:D

Cool place. Got to love the models in the middle of the showroom. They group the guns by manufacturers. Very clean. No smoke and filth.

I did not shoot (had a schedule to keep) but I did buy ammo.

Apparently it is a chain out of Ohio. Glad they came here.

PistolPastor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2017
    Munster
    My youngest Son and I went to VRA today to do some shooting. It was my first time in there. I really enjoyed the computer generated targets. There are a bunch to choose from including pop-ups, shoot-no shoot and various others. I preferred the pop-ups and my Son liked the zombie targets. VRA will likely be our bad weather range in the future. We shoot on private property when the weather is tolerable.

The only down side of the range is if you are a reloader they do not allow reloads and they appear to keep your brass but I didn't ask about it. The store part has a really large selection of guns and ammo with prices at about retail level.

VRA.jpg

Wait, so how does this work? It projects onto paper you shoot at or?

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Last Tuesday I had business in 33C03 so I just happened to take the route home that passed by VRA.:D

Cool place. Got to love the models in the middle of the showroom. They group the guns by manufacturers. Very clean. No smoke and filth.

I did not shoot (had a schedule to keep) but I did buy ammo.

Apparently it is a chain out of Ohio. Glad they came here.

I forgot about the giant ship models. I enjoyed them as well. I agree that the showroom layout is really nice by manufacturer. They have an amazing selection.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    I've been there a handful of times, now. It's awesome. I love the fact that you can have reactive or static targets. They have a good selection of rental firearms available, including a Maxim 9 (really fun to shoot). You can use your own ammo for the rentals, whereas other places make you purchase theirs. They do, in fact, allow you to keep your spent brass. You just have to tell the RO as they're sweeping it up that you want to take it with you. It also helps to bring something to carry it out with, like a bag or tupperware or something. Some of their firearms seem a little on the expensive side (sometimes $100 higher than other gun shops), but a great selection. All in all, it's a great store and range.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I have been there a couple of times and really enjoyed it.. Love the computer generated targets esp the shoot, no shoot. There's a camera that sees the holes in the paper. That's why the paper needs to be advanced fairly often. When you shoot through the same hole the computer does not see the shot. I can't imagine what the computer projected target setup costs but it is too much fun. If you go take your 22 so it's a little cheaper to shoot. I would be pretty easy to go through several hundred rounds of ammo in an hour. Last time I went with Coach and we took the whole "Bright Army". Those kids can shoot!!

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member, [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    “Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I've been there a handful of times, now. It's awesome. I love the fact that you can have reactive or static targets. They have a good selection of rental firearms available, including a Maxim 9 (really fun to shoot). You can use your own ammo for the rentals, whereas other places make you purchase theirs. They do, in fact, allow you to keep your spent brass. You just have to tell the RO as they're sweeping it up that you want to take it with you. It also helps to bring something to carry it out with, like a bag or tupperware or something. Some of their firearms seem a little on the expensive side (sometimes $100 higher than other gun shops), but a great selection. All in all, it's a great store and range.

Thanks for clearing that up. I guess I should have asked.

comm2679

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    East Central
    I forgot about the giant ship models. I enjoyed them as well. I agree that the showroom layout is really nice by manufacturer. They have an amazing selection.

A good friend of mine built those ships and donated them to VRA for display. Really neat stuff. It's a nice shop for sure. The people who work there are friendly and helpful.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Friendly, helpful staff. The ships are incredible. I love the layout of the store. All the accessories that can be used on a particular firearm are on the counter in front of the guns of that brand. I haven't used the range, but I got a good tour on a slow day. The cameras track the shots. Eventually, I was told, they will have the capability of e-mailing you your targets. It super slick, and they claim it is the only range of its kind.

Top Bottom