VIDEO: At what point whould you shoot... if at all?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    At what point would you have put an effective end to his routine if you were one of the attackees?

This is a no-shoot. You might've been able to articulate some amount of "intent", and certainly "opportunity", but "ability" would've been debatable.

But its a GREAT example of why empty hand or less-lethal techniques are nice to have in the tool box. A quick spray of OC or some blinding light at night could've started to turn the tables, even on this "prank".

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Haven't watched this video, on my cell phone, but if its the one I've seen he decided to pull this prank within a week of the attack that took place in Florida. The "Zombie" attack where the guy eats the other guys face.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    From watching the video I am in the don't shoot camp, even if I would be sorely tempted. On the fairly rare occasions that I am confronted by a mime it is a close call also. May I ask a question in this context? Are there greater charges or liabilities to be faced If you beat a person soundly while armed with a deadly weapon?

norsk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    I saw the video when it first came out and was asking myself the same question. I can't find any reason whatsoever to draw, let alone shoot. However, were I out with my family and I saw someone like this coming towards me I certainly would be going into "defense mode," by which I mean getting them behind me, issuing verbal commands to stop, and backing away while facing the "zombie."

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I don't think you would need to shoot him right away, perhaps draw and keep the gun pointed down, if its just a prankster he will drop his act real quick. But if it happens to be some coked out fiend and he rushes you, then I think maybe you should defend yourself

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    This is a no-shoot. You might've been able to articulate some amount of "intent", and certainly "opportunity", but "ability" would've been debatable.

But its a GREAT example of why empty hand or less-lethal techniques are nice to have in the tool box. A quick spray of OC or some blinding light at night could've started to turn the tables, even on this "prank".

+1

Or a thai clinch and a few well-placed elbows and knees.

Definitely no-shoot, for me.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    I thought this was an epic joke - to be honest it would freak the living hell out of me, especially the circumstances of the attack // this prank.

Although I wouldn't SHOOT, I'm not going to lie I would run. Given the probability of a zombie actually existing, I don't think your case would hold up in court.

Judge: why did you kill this man
    Defendant: He was a zombie
    Judge: LIFE!

After all, given the very slight probability a real zombie were chasing you - I'd be of more value at home getting my preps and protecting my family, than standing there explaining myself to police while patient zero is lying dead.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    To be fair I have the significant advantage of experience in this kind of situation -- I've had to deal with my mother-in-law for YEARS.

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    I realize this was an incredibly ignorant thing to do, especially in Miami right now, but I won't lie; I was laughing the entire time I watched.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World

+1

Or a thai clinch and a few well-placed elbows and knees.

Definitely no-shoot, for me.

:+1: on both posts.

NO shoot. use your light and escalate only to the needed level of force to remedy the situation.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Judge: Why did you kill this man?

Defendant: I thought he was having a violent psychotic episode from od'ing on bath salts or some other drug, and had already killed or hurt somebody. He was covered in blood and growling for heaven's sake.

Ok, I wouldn't shoot, but I would definitely run, even though it looked kinda fake.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI

Defendant: I thought he was having a violent psychotic episode from od'ing on bath salts or some other drug, and had already killed or hurt somebody. He was covered in blood and growling for heaven's sake.

Ok, I wouldn't shoot, but I would definitely run, even though it looked kinda fake.

Defendant: Because he was trying to EAT MY FACE!

jiggypete

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    This was completely stupid. I wouldn't draw, but I don't get why so many groups of people just ran. If two or three of those guys charged at him, he probably would have run the other way...just like he did at the end. I'd like to see what happens after the angry mob ran after him!

Top Bottom