• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    A person on a typical bike would swerve, check traffic, and open the throttle turning to the right and leaving them in the dust.

You guys are ALL assuming this is an 800 pound bike. It's a 300 pound Honda Grom. Max speed of 60. The guy couldn't get away if he tried, at least at night anyways. Had he been on any other bike, the options posted previously were fair game. I don't really see any other option considering he's on a 125cc barely street legal bike.

That's why I laughed at the title "biker"... it's basically a Vespa.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I thought this same thing at first, but running a red light on a bike is a recipe for disaster imo. Better to confront the threat at hand then to deal with oncoming traffic. Plus, whose to say they wouldn't start shooting at you if you took off

Who's to say they won't start shooting at you if you stay? Rather be a moving target than a sitting one.

Issues I saw:

1) Making a slap fight into a gun fight. A not-overly-large female just pushed you. You can't legally shoot her for pushing you. Now your hands are full of gun, which you can't legally use.

I agree with everything else you posted, and may agree with this one. Except we don't know what else he saw. Did it look like the driver was grabbing something when he was getting out of the truck? What kind of shape was his riding partner in? Etc.

If the video owners comments are correct, it started when the motorcycles slowed down due to potential puddles on the road and the people in the truck started throwing bottles at them. That's the time to disengage, IMO, especially on a motorcycle. Gun/no gun is irrelevant if a-hole in a truck decides to ram your bike.

Yep, about the only time I wouldn't worry is if I happened to be in a M1A1, MRAP, or similar.

The truck was in front of him. Pulling over and waiting would have accomplished separation and ended the dominance struggle.

Yep.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    The truck was in front of him. Pulling over and waiting would have accomplished separation and ended the dominance struggle.
    Not trying to be a complete dick, but the truck swerved to attempt to hit him, and the door didn't open until he was between the rear wheel and the rear quarter panel.

The guy in the truck tried to hit him, or wreck him...making that assault with a motor vehicle. His gun was drawn appropriately. I have no idea if you ride, but your comments make it sound as if you don't. Motorcycles have GREAT brakes, and good engines to pull away from vehicles generally 2-3x as heavy. The grom in this instance, has an advantage of neither.

Stopping does no good, he has a blind spot to the driver (who already took agression towards his motorcycle), and he has an idiot distracting him from the real threat.

He drew on the distraction and immediately focused on the real threat. We all can play keyboard QB all we want, the guy handled this encounter the best way possible. His bike got some road rash, he didn't have to actually discharge the firearm, and the idiot who tried to kill him got arrested.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I agree with everything else you posted, and may agree with this one. Except we don't know what else he saw. Did it look like the driver was grabbing something when he was getting out of the truck? What kind of shape was his riding partner in? Etc.
    She smacked his helmet and torqued his head down when he went to check the driver. In that instant he made the decision to draw, at which point the driver was at the driverside rear wheel. He couldn't see what the threat from the driver was.

voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE
    Like most biker video's, they conveniently leave out that portion that led up to this. I wonder why that always happens...

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I turned the audio off, was there any explanation about what precipitated the truck cutting off the bikes? Not defending and it is possible that the truck just decided to **** with the bikes but I kinda doubt it.

Like most biker video's, they conveniently leave out that portion that led up to this. I wonder why that always happens...

Because bikers are all criminal scum and don't want you to have the whole story.

If you insist!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    She smacked his helmet and torqued his head down when he went to check the driver. In that instant he made the decision to draw, at which point the driver was at the driverside rear wheel. He couldn't see what the threat from the driver was.

Plus listen to what he says. He's keyed in on her and her assault of him.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    I have had instances where the car/truck driver inadvertently or intended to swerve into me while on a motorcycle.

Hate tailgaters, the rider doesn't have much chance in a rear end scenario.

I always get away from them, let them go or otherwise avoid the situation. Never have to see them again and drive away.

Control of oneself is important as pointed out in this thread.

In the video just don't stop. Drive away and forget. Go home and have a beer.

Don

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have had instances where the car/truck driver inadvertently or intended to swerve into me while on a motorcycle.

Hate tailgaters, the rider doesn't have much chance in a rear end scenario.

I always get away from them, let them go or otherwise avoid the situation. Never have to see them again and drive away.

Control of oneself is important as pointed out in this thread.

In the video just don't stop. Drive away and forget. Go home and have a beer.

Don

I guess them throwing projectiles at the bikes is "OK" because with me it is not.
    If you can overlook that good on you. That is a plus in todays idiotic traffic world.

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    That woman's face, when she got out of the truck, is one of the most horrifying things I have ever seen in my life! :eek:
    It looks like something straight out of a horror movie...

giphy.gif

Last edited:

rmg200

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Goodness, glad the situation ended without any holes being poked. I hate not knowing what happened before the camera went rolling. My experience leads me to believe the biker maybe did something he wasn't supposed to in order to navigate traffic because he is on a nimble bike.

That said, holy **** that woman came at him like a bat out of hell. It's hard to say but after reviewing, I think I would take off if possible. If I couldn't, hop off the bike, pull the gun and create space.

My main concern watching this was seeing the distance being closed, and the biker not actively increasing that distance or forcing compliance. However, I think the biker handled the situation very well and ultimately the situation diffused.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I give the biker credit for taking control a bad situation, and then not allowing it to go further than it did. Crazy behavior. The couple in the pickup are likely to meet an early end if they keep it up.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Goodness, glad the situation ended without any holes being poked. I hate not knowing what happened before the camera went rolling. My experience leads me to believe the biker maybe did something he wasn't supposed to in order to navigate traffic because he is on a nimble bike.

That said, holy **** that woman came at him like a bat out of hell. It's hard to say but after reviewing, I think I would take off if possible. If I couldn't, hop off the bike, pull the gun and create space.

My main concern watching this was seeing the distance being closed, and the biker not actively increasing that distance or forcing compliance. However, I think the biker handled the situation very well and ultimately the situation diffused.

The bikes slowed for some puddles in the road. The idiots in the truck got pissed from what has been posted up thread. Then they started throwing things at the bikes. It ended with what you saw in the video.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Still-Get away from them, call the cops and let it go.

Don

Did you not read the bike that went down was a 125cc that could not out run much of anything.
    If you start throwing crap at me in traffic it might end in a heated discussion. I doubt a gun would come into play but it is not OK to do this. JMHO of course and we will all respond as we think fits the scenario. It looked like he would have hit him had he not stopped. Again JMHO.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    It might not have been the right thing to do and it would have put me in an awful position with the guy converging in the scene but that woman would have tasted my knuckles as soon as her hands touched me.

Top Bottom