• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Ahhh. Ok. Thank you.

Nice thing is you run ONE Ethernet cable (for each cam) and you're done. No separate video and power to worry about.

Part of my issue of running wires, etc is that there is a good chance the house will be removed for development in the next year or 2. If my plan was to stay here indefinitely it would be a different story, trying to keep things temporary but workable & mobile.

Makes sense, totally get it.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Part of my issue of running wires, etc is that there is a good chance the house will be removed for development in the next year or 2. If my plan was to stay here indefinitely it would be a different story, trying to keep things temporary but workable & mobile.

A lot of bad things can happen in a year or two. Says the guy that has a hard wired system but never got past running the wiring for the 4 cams in the backyard WHICH have been off since we did a minor remodel project in the room where the DVR lives.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Recent event bring one more question for those of you who know WAAAYYY more than I do (doesn't take much) about HDD video recorders.

Do they put off too much heat to be operated in a 30x26x60 gun safe?

I didn't really want to run wires but may be able to through the basement easier than the attic.

Top Bottom