• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Looked like a fair fight to me. No weapons, just fists-to-fists. I would have stayed out of it.

Aren't TSA agents trained to defend themselves? It looks like she should take a Mindset Labs class and learn about situational awareness.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No one wants to get involved any more. Some due to the threat of legal action some are just sissy's.
    Yes, have done it in the past (gotten involved) and would again if the need arises.

Edit...it looked like the assailant was trying to gain access to an area that was either restricted or just not for her. She had the TSA agent in tow with little effort.

Grunt

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Looked like a fair fight to me. No weapons, just fists-to-fists. I would have stayed out of it.

Aren't TSA agents trained to defend themselves? It looks like she should take a Mindset Labs class and learn about situational awareness.

TSA is unionized, it looked like the TSA union employee was on break as she were getting assaulted. It would be a violation of union rules to come off break to do her job.

I guess it's one thing for the TSA to squeeze people's unmentionables hundreds of times a day, and something completely different when it comes to defending themselves.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Reminds me of my nightclub security days when I would drag an uncooperative drunk idiots outside. Seeing as the TSA officer wasn't (whas she?), couldn't she think of a simple counter to the headlock?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    There was a time when I would have probly helped right away, but since now days if you breath the wrong way around the wrong federal law enforcement agent in an area like this you could go to jail, no I wouldn't help out unless it became life or death. Then I feel a moral obligation to help no matter the personal risks.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Having just seen the video of that young girl, like five or so, that was in a wheel chair on her way to disney world and what those tsa agents did to her, i would have walked. OK, maybe all the agents are not bad, but somebody deserves a beating for making that little girl cry.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Having just seen the video of that young girl, like five or so, that was in a wheel chair on her way to disney world and what those tsa agents did to her, i would have walked. OK, maybe all the agents are not bad, but somebody deserves a beating for making that little girl cry.

The ones who gave then that much illegal power are the ones who deserve it. Not some lady just trying to put food on the table.
    Ill let you figure out who "the ones" are.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    If I saw a police officer in a fist fight with someone, I would not intervene. If I saw ANY two people in a fair fight, I would not get involved. Why would I get involved in something like this? Why does the TSA agent need or deserve help?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    If I saw a police officer in a fist fight with someone, I would not intervene. If I saw ANY two people in a fair fight, I would not get involved. Why would I get involved in something like this? Why does the TSA agent need or deserve help?

They're "professionals" aren't they? Where were all the other blue-shirts while this was going on?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not so sure the cop had to put her down like that.

That was a standard take down move. Quick and ends the altercation.
    That was not really a fair fight. The TSA agent was obviously outgunned. She was trying to stop someone from accessing a restricted area (I believe) and the officer did what he was trained to do.

Really, If there was a LEO getting his butt whipped some of you would not intervene???
    The outcry if we were not protected would be horrendous. Yes, LEO is paid to take these situations on but I would not stand by and watch him/her beat down.
    Now a fair fight between 2 adults, well, that is a different story. Straight up fist fight, yes, I would observe. Once it went lethal a decision would have to be made. Legal ramifications...these days you face them all the time.

Would you who would watch have intervened if it were a man that had the woman in a headlock...TSA or not. I have no love for the TSA as an agency. But again....if it were a man.

Would you stand by and watch a child get beaten.

Just curious. We all have our boundary's.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Policeman... Maybe I would call it in.

TSA agent... they can go play in traffic.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    No one wants to get involved any more. Some due to the threat of legal action some are just sissy's.
    Yes, have done it in the past (gotten involved) and would again if the need arises.

Edit...it looked like the assailant was trying to gain access to an area that was either restricted or just not for her. She had the TSA agent in tow with little effort.

Intervene. Like them or not, they still may be serving a purpose. I have a habit of standing up and taking action when a uniformed individual is being assaulted.
    BTW, just by reading some of the replies in this thread, I know who to trust a lot more clearly now. Hope some of YOU never need help and find out that you aren't the baddest on the block.

Sheepdog;)

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    That was a standard take down move. Quick and ends the altercation.
    That was not really a fair fight. The TSA agent was obviously outgunned. She was trying to stop someone from accessing a restricted area (I believe) and the officer did what he was trained to do.

Really, If there was a LEO getting his butt whipped some of you would not intervene???
    The outcry if we were not protected would be horrendous. Yes, LEO is paid to take these situations on but I would not stand by and watch him/her beat down.
    Now a fair fight between 2 adults, well, that is a different story. Straight up fist fight, yes, I would observe. Once it went lethal a decision would have to be made. Legal ramifications...these days you face them all the time.

Would you who would watch have intervened if it were a man that had the woman in a headlock...TSA or not. I have no love for the TSA as an agency. But again....if it were a man.

Would you stand by and watch a child get beaten.

Just curious. We all have our boundary's.

Like I said, if it was a one-on-one fight and a police officer was getting his butt kicked, I feel sorry for him. Now, if it was two against one, then my answer would change. If weapons were involved, my answer may change again, I'm not sure; however, I know if it's a fair fight, I would most likely stay out of it.

As for the TSA agent, how could it not be a fair fight? Just because she was losing makes the fight unfair? As you said, the officer was doing what she was trained to do. I don't train to get involved in fair fights.

Now, would I stand by and watch the TSA agent get her head smashed in with the heel of the woman's foot? No, I would not! However, that was not the case in this instance.

davidc912

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2012
    South of Indy
    On their absolute best day, the TSA is little more than a group of federal welfare recipients that get paid to treat every American citizen as though they were a terrorist. So yeah, I'd probably sit this one out...

On a side note: If you can't break a one-armed headlock from a 43 yr. old, homeless Hawaiian woman, you have no place in security of any form (and prove my initial statement)

Now, if they were DHS, BATFE, IRS, or any of the other federal alphabet-soup regulatory agencies, I would definitely... no, still going to :popcorn:.

ParaManAR15

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    I tell my wife every time we go to the airport that the TSA is just a hired rent-a-cop and that if anything did happen at security they wouldn't even know what to do. This video just proves the that point even further. It took a cop on vacation to jump over the barrier and take down the woman before any other TSA person was in the vicinity. The TSA doesn't even carry any kind of weapons...pepper spray, expandable baton, nothing. Say something real dangerous happened, they just going call 911 and wait for the cops to show up? (I'm not advocating for TSA or anything, I think what they do and how they treat people is ridiculous. Just trying to prove a point that they're worthless. Anyone can run an x-ray machine and metal detector)

Do these TSA agents even get any kind of self defense training? Where do they hire them from? Majority of the TSA I see are old and overweight, and I go through many airports all the time.

Top Bottom