• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Killion

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    Indianapolis/warren
    Are they not his "party"? Why the hell are they asking him what he did wrong if they just witnessed him punching a cabbie? I don't understand the ignorance...

They were not his "party" He left the scene of the cab and the security guard (off duty cop) chashed him down the street. The people who were recording were bystanders not related to the "party"

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Wow. You must struggle with common sense and logic. I guess you make up for it by being an internet bad a**. Please, explain to me how you would have handled the situation, since apparently this officer didn't know what he was doing.
    Get a grip. I didn't claim to be a bad ass. Comon sense and logic huh? Well I can clearly see the cop got his ass beat. then, Gun wins.
    i said I'd need more facts an then you get all hot headed about my post. Like I also said, if the officer felt his life was in danger then he was justified, BUT I don't believe it should have gotten to that point. I didn't call for him to be executed or put in jail, geesh!

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    The dead guy should have put his hands behind his back instead of resisting. One way or another he was destined to lose that fight. He chose the way it ended.

Sucks to be him, but that's the way it goes.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Well, not to be crass, cause I would never want that, he's not really going to go through life.

I don't want to sound like a real bad guy, but you know there are a lot of guys like that one. Fortunately they don't all end up like that.

IMPDs tell me that the annual firemen/emt convention here is one that ranks up there with the worst behaved groups. And they hate to have to arrest an idiot because there is an affinity with first responders.

TMU317

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Indy
    Get a grip. I didn't claim to be a bad ass. Comon sense and logic huh? Well I can clearly see the cop got his ass beat. then, Gun wins.
    i said I'd need more facts an then you get all hot headed about my post. Like I also said, if the officer felt his life was in danger then he was justified, BUT I don't believe it should have gotten to that point. I didn't call for him to be executed or put in jail, geesh!

Get a grip? You still haven't explained how you would have handled the situation.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Get a grip?

Here, I'll help! :):

wood_group.jpg

SW%20Grips.jpg

P1040010.JPG

Papa

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ohio
    The assailant was resisting arrest, and the officer had no backup in sight. A single police officer can only do so much to peacefully arrest an individual if the individual doesn't want to be arrested.

The assailant chose to fight the cuffs then he chose to fight the officer. The officer was well within his rights to protect himself.

Jason91887

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    but in his defense he was intoxicated and couldn't make a conscience decision

being intoxicated is not a defense. If you're stupid enough to drink so much that you can no longer make a conscience decision, you are 100% responsible for the consequences. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Taser doesn't work that well when you are that close, the probes won't have time to spread. If someone's on you, its a poor tool, and as fast as that went I think the only option other than firearm would be an edged weapon.

A taser can be used as a contact weapon, right? Does it not have the same effect?

Not implying anything..... I have never used, or been shot by, a taser. Have had short shots from an old school stun gun.

Back on topic....

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    A taser can be used as a contact weapon, right? Does it not have the same effect?

Not implying anything..... I have never used, or been shot by, a taser. Have had short shots from an old school stun gun.

Back on topic....
    Yes but its 100% pain compliance when used as a contact weapon and you can fight through the pain.

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    Tasers fail. I've been there when they 1) Didn't work for compliance and 2) Actually failed to discharge due to bad cartridge. Both times were active situations where someone was fighting. One was resolved with another officer's taser, the other was hands-on combat.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

To expand on what Denny said, the electricity is the same, but the effect is completely different.

A drive stun (contact) creates pain, but no physical impairment. You can fight through it without much difficulty if you're dedicated, high, or simply able to move away from the probes.

A dart deployment creates pain, and more of it since its over a wider area, but also physically locks the muscles between the probes up. Shot placement matters A LOT. If I get you in the lower abdomen and upper leg and lock up all your hip muscles, you're falling down. If I get you in the upper back and lower back, you're bending backwards and probably falling down. Regardless of how high you are, how much pain tolerance you have, etc the muscles between the probes are locked up tight as a drum as long as its powered up. The wider the spread and the bigger the muscles between them, the better the effect.

Its also possible to do both. Two probes in and a drive stun, which creates a triangle of muscle lock up and pain.

Top Bottom