• mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Does your basement floor have a drain in it? That is what is concerning me about the current project house.

Great news about the desk chairs, as well as the normal wear and tear not being an issue. Have appointments in Muncie tomorrow and am taking the wife so will stop in at Menards and Lowes with her to have a look see. Might just make the trip more south to check out Floors to Your Home and Lumber Liquidators.

Still a little early for our place, but if I can get something for the project house that would be a good test subject.

Our basement is at ground level/walkout so we never have water in it. The only drain we have is in the back by the laundry where we left the floor just the concrete with no flooring over it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have a rolling desk chair at my computer. I have been rolling around on it for over a year now and haven't got a single mark from doing so. I'm impressed...it was a concern of mine too. We did put the pads under the legs of the heavier furniture but mostly so I could slide it better for cleaning, but we literally have zero marks on the floor from dropping firewood, the furniture, the cats, etc. When we redo the kitchen floor, we will be using vinyl planking in there as well. My linoleum in there has gouges from things being dropped, cuts from knives, etc. I've dropped knives on the vinyl planking a few times...no marks.

No offense mom, but I think you might be a klutz... Can't say that I've ever dropped our cat or any furniture. That's impressive! :p

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    No offense mom, but I think you might be a klutz... Can't say that I've ever dropped our cat or any furniture. That's impressive! :p

But the cats land on their feet...most of the time....LOL

And maybe I am. At least I don't fall and hit my head a lot like some folks do. :lmfao:

Top Bottom