• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Words are nothing. Actions are something. Throw at me....advance on me......surround me......push me.....lights out somewhere in that process.
    If I am with my spouse you will not throw at me. You will not advance on me. Period. Same with my girls. Scream all you want. At a safe distance.

This exactly. I will tolerate some on my own. When my family is present, tolerance dwindles a lot quicker and my job as guardian/protector becomes top priority.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    At some point in time, people have to be accountable for their words. There was once an understanding of this, not so much now.

The entitlement crowd seems to be lacking an understanding that a polite society only goes so far. Eventually they will get held accountable for their words.

Understand what you're saying but words are just that and actions are actions. Ever heard to ignore a kid throwing a tantrum and when they realize it's not getting them anywhere they'll stop? I know that's not always the best approach and kids need whipped sometimes but the point being to ignore and not pay them any attention. That's how I view these types of folks. Be meek and humble my friend

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    This thread has let me down.

I read the title, and thought, " **** yeah, this is why I have 5,000 loaded mags."

There's always tomorrow. :laugh:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    When do "words" become more than just "sticks and stones may break my bones...."?

It's somewhere between some jack wagon muttering under their breath, but loud enough so you'll hear it "why do people think they need to carry those guns out in public" and when you and your family go eat at a restaurant and the owner and staff decide to not only run you out of the restaurant because you're icky but follow you to the next restaurant you choose to harass you there.

I'd like to think that most of us realize some people are just jerks sometimes but realize that since Trump won the election, there are increasingly more stories out there of the leftists harassing and occasionally assaulting and even shooting at republicans. No problem tapping the brakes to make sure we're not going over the edge but let's not pretend there hasn't been an escalation and there are people with power more and more brazingly calling for it.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Half of the population of the United States owns about 46% of all the guns in the world. Let that sink in.

19D64B75-E2BA-4682-A43E-D6EAE7C96259_zps4jpgl4av.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Understand what you're saying but words are just that and actions are actions. Ever heard to ignore a kid throwing a tantrum and when they realize it's not getting them anywhere they'll stop? I know that's not always the best approach and kids need whipped sometimes but the point being to ignore and not pay them any attention. That's how I view these types of folks. Be meek and humble my friend

I don't disagree. That said, everything has limits.

When words turn into inciting further rude behavior and or getting into other's space the limits begin to be pushed.

To counter your kid's tantrum explanation (which I don't disagree with either,) take that tantrum into a restaurant. Must the other patrons of the restaurant put up with your child's lack of appropriate behavior?

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I absolutely agree that messaging that condones violence is abhorrent.

A little self-awareness seems appropriate here, though...is this kind of talk only upsetting when it comes from the left?

[video=youtube_share;EcxkkrNSv-4]http://youtu.be/EcxkkrNSv-4[/video]

If so, why?

There are entire industries supported by the right-wing/conservative narrative that violent overthrow of our government and breakdown of American society will occur in the foreseeable future. It's really hard to sound sincere in your complaints about their guys, when you sit silently in the face of the exact same behavior from your guys.

We own some of the blame for the escalation of rhetoric. "Our Side" has been using messaging, though often more subtle, to this effect for decades. The problem is real. What are we going to do to de-escalate the situation?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I absolutely agree that messaging that condones violence is abhorrent.

A little self-awareness seems appropriate here, though...is this kind of talk only upsetting when it comes from the left?

[video=youtube_share;EcxkkrNSv-4]http://youtu.be/EcxkkrNSv-4[/video]

If so, why?

There are entire industries supported by the right-wing/conservative narrative that violent overthrow of our government and breakdown of American society will occur in the foreseeable future. It's really hard to sound sincere in your complaints about their guys, when you sit silently in the face of the exact same behavior from your guys.

We own some of the blame for the escalation of rhetoric. "Our Side" has been using messaging, though often more subtle, to this effect for decades. The problem is real. What are we going to do to de-escalate the situation?

Paul,

I think what we are referencing is the idiotic ninja bottle throwing foul mouthed nut jobs. The restaurant raiders and pink vagina hat wearing trash pile leaving screamers that want Gov. out of their vaginas yet want free abortions and birth control. I could go on and on and on but seriously, you get so much less of this from the right.
    Yes, there are extremists. On both sides of the picture but they far outnumber us coming from the left. This is how I see it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The left is pushing an already unstable public toward violence

...Now it has degenerated into protests at people’s homes and to others being hounded at restaurants and movies. A congresswoman even called for the harassment of Trump supporters everywhere they are seen. What decent American would consider this acceptable?

I believe some of the hatred is actually frustration with the system in Washington. There is little to no transparency. Not much is accomplished. The place is rife with corruption and there appears to be a double standard for the political class and the ordinary person.

But, there is no excuse for this behavior. It is dead wrong. The left is pushing an already unstable public toward violence...

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    At some point in time, people have to be accountable for their words. There was once an understanding of this, not so much now.

The [strike]entitlement[/strike]establishment crowd seems to be lacking an understanding that a polite society only goes so far. Eventually they will get held accountable for their words.
    Said every Leftist ever.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis

The entitlement crowd seems to be lacking an understanding that a polite society only goes so far. Eventually they will get held accountable for their words.

This talk of “accountability”... are you threatening me?

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    My wife thinks violence against women and minorities has increased since Trump was elected. I see it the other way around.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This talk of “accountability”... are you threatening me?

According to some, a "threat" can be read into most anything if you work it hard enough. :rolleyes:

We held the libs accountable for their idiocy a couple years ago. They are about to get another dose of accountability this November.

So yes, the threat is that if the libs keep condoning violence, they'll be made even less relevant with the upcoming election.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    My wife thinks violence against women and minorities has increased since Trump was elected. I see it the other way around.

She might not be wrong, but it’s probably different than she’s thinking. I’m guessing it would be the Antifa types and left wingers acting out violently towards women and minorities who disagree with their views. We see it almost daily since the election. Of course, the left will be violent and then cite violence statistics to prove how violent we are:rolleyes:

Top Bottom