• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!

Virginia Man Sentenced to Life for Killing Wife Over Christmas Lights Dispute

Tuesday , December 15, 2009
    service_ap_36.gif

LOUISA, Va. —
    A Louisa County man who pleaded guilty to killing his wife after an argument over Christmas lights has been sentenced to life in prison.

Louisa Circuit Court Judge Timothy K. Sanner sentenced Forrest M. Smythers Jr. on Monday to life plus three years for first-degree murder and felonious use of a firearm, and five years for possession of a firearm by a felon.
    Prosecutors say the 54-year-old Smythers shot Dawn Smythers once in the head with a .22 caliber rifle in their home on Jan. 16. Forrest Smythers told investigators that he had wanted to take down their Christmas lights, but that his wife had opposed the idea.

So it was easier to shoot her than to just take down the lights anyway?
    WOW!

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Wow. I can't think of what to add. I was just talking to someone the other day who told me the believe in the right to carry, but he personally wouldn't carry, because he knew he'd use it. (At the wrong time.) I suppose it's big of him to know that about himself, but I still thought wow to that statement to. I have a fairly aggressive temper but, using my gun never crosses my mind as I'm getting mad.

Top Bottom