• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    I'd like to know what facts prompted them to change this...Have they had a bunch of out of state people with LTC committing shootings in their state?

I highly doubt it, in fact I bet there is no basis for this what so ever other than...just because.

My god, man, don't you know 'common sense' trumps facts every time?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    To me, this is a commonsense step that can help make Virginians and our law enforcement officers safer by ensuring that Virginia’s laws on who can and cannot carry a concealed handgun are applied evenly, consistently, and fairly,” he said in a statement provided to The Washington Post.
    What a dolt, if he really believes that this will keep criminals from carrying guns. This is all political. Look for this to be heralded as a "common sense" measure all other progressive states can adopt to fight the NRA or some such BS.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It is interesting, on the surface I'm not sure how to upend the decision.

They probably can't. I'm guessing this is a coordinated effort to stick it to the NRA or something by politically astute democrats looking to make political hay. It really is a novel approach. If Indiana had a democrat-gun-hating AG, is he empowered to do the same thing?

ETA: Seems like I remember that our "reciprocity" is legislatively addressed and not left to the discretion of a single politician. Some one correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Hope all the fine citizens of the Communistwealth of VA also understand that their carry permit is no longer valid in 25 states.
    It works both ways.

Well, as to Indiana, no. Indiana has universal recognition all states and foreign countries, secret handshakes between our state lawyers notwithstanding.

35-47-2-21(b)

No matter what Virginia does, Indiana recognizes Virginia.

I'd like to know what facts prompted them to change this...Have they had a bunch of out of state people with LTC committing shootings in their state?

This is an East Coast thing. It started in Pennsylvania. The antis in Philly made a big stink about those who did not qualify for a PA CCW but got UT or FL licenses. The AG in PA picked up on it and rode that hobby horse about (well, until her current troubles).

If you go to Shall Not Be Questioned (the blog for PA gun nuts) you'll get more of the history.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Yeah, I love how common sense :bash: usually means the opposite haha.

It's like...criminals be killin us with guns, common sense solution = more gun control / take away the law abiding citizens' guns....

Common Sense! psyko

I always state that " if it were really common sense, then you would not have to label it common sense." Every time they state "common sense" they are trying to convince you it IS common sense. I respond on media sites occasionally to at least keep the argument more than one sided from the media.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Sorry, man. You were the first thing I thought of. This sucks.

I'm researching if anyone can open carry in Virginia or just residents. I'm trying to find as much information as possible.

Also, does this mean those 25 states will rescind their reciprocity agreement with Virginia?

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Also, does this mean those 25 states will rescind their reciprocity agreement with Virginia?

That's not true. Most likely they will not. Indiana recognized Ohio's LTC for a long time, and just recently Ohio started to recognize Indiana's.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    One can only hope.

I mean, if VA residents can't be trusted to not circumvent their permitting process (by getting an out-of-state permit), then I certainly don't want those same Virginians over here.

Purple, or not. I don't even know.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    You realize that response would be just fine with the people who did this, right?

Yep, that's correct.. Elections have consequences, good or bad..

This is almost a money grab, VA still offers nonresident permits to the best of my knowledge.

Top Bottom