• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RH822-A

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Pleasant Lake, Steuben County
    My wife and I are going to Dallas Texas shortly to see our son and grandkids. So, I've been checking the Dallas area classifieds and have discovered that the ammo problem appears to be even worse down there.
    I was seeing WWB 9mm 100ct for $50, 100ct 45acp $80, but my favorite. Two Federal 525 bulk 22lr for the bargain basement price of $200 or trade for AR lower.... The chances of coming back with some real bargains like I did 5 years ago looks pretty slim.

castle134

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    I'm going in April down to TX as well and my mothers boyfriend has been asking me to bring some ammo he can't find any of what he needs I tell him we are hurting here as well

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    Its been bad all over, I'm from San Antonio, and my family extends from the Tip of TX, HTown, San Antonio, and Austin area. The shortages are everywhere, my brother did not realize the extent, we talked on Saturday as he was taking inventory. I could sense a little nervouseness or feeling a little behind the 8 ball. He's retired AF, and after our discussion, I agreed to bring over some Ammo during my summer trip. SAXET(Texas backwards) gun shows are pretty common, and happen monthly. The shows haven't fared any better with regards to pricing. I do want to say the Indy 1500 has been one of the best I have ever attended, and I must say Hoosier nations is tops!

mr ache sky

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    I just got off the phone with my father, who lives in Dallas, and can't find 22lr anywhere and pays $40 a box for "cheap" 9mm ammo.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    The world of the internet has made sure the shortage has spread evenly across the nation. Staying vigilant, keeping funds reserved for the rare deal, and visiting the LGSs that you pass by are the best ways to find the ammo that you are looking for.

dword56

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Junk ammo

everyone and their brother is buying the cheap wally world stuff and then selling it at the higher price and the sad thing is, it sells. People are so worried about getting enough ammo or "not" being able to they will buy at any price. I'm east of Dallas about 45 miles. I wonder, does "reload" just scare people? I tell people I reload and they all think I'm nuts. I reload everything but 22 and .223's and I'm considering starting the .223 considering the price that stuff is selling for.

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    When I moved here I was tempted to give away all my ammo, but through creative measures, I managed to keep all of it except the cheap 12ga stuff($.20/rd).
    Only last week did I notice how expensive it's gotten. I think I may sell off some of what I brought.

Top Bottom