• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Contact you state reps (not just yet) and find out what the think about the idea and if they have anything to offer.

That is a darn good idea... let me know when would be appropriate... I know that our fed. Rep would be fine with this... Todd Young has always supported the 2nd, and more national/international businesses in IN means more revenue and employment. I say lets make IN the National capitol of Firearms manufacturing!!! :ingo: :patriot:

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    Well, when I call my rep I want to have an outline of a plan together. I also want to say that I am a member of INGO and have the full support of the 29,000 members. I think before we were to take this any further we might want the moderators to weigh. Frankly, I do not even know who all of the moderators are so if someone could first help me with that.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    I am also think a "social group" might be in order. I didn't even know these existed. They are under the community tab near the top of the page. Any suggestions for the name?

upalot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    PAWNEE
    I haven't much to offer, but would help in any way I could. A good selling point would be the location of Crane Naval Weapons System Command here in southern Indiana. Most weapons used by our armed forces get run thru there for testing. Another selling point is the amount of closed factory building around the So. part of the state that could be converted to manufacturing guns plus a very good transportation system to move the products. Labor here is less costly than most other places also.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    I would suggest to you to contact the governors office...they should have an Economic Development team. Find out what incentives they can offer a business moving here...such as tax breaks. I would also get info about Indiana being the Cross roads of America and the great logistics our state offers....also many small communities offer tax incentive to get business to move in.Plus the cost of real estate. ( Which is cheap and available here, compared to other places.) But you must know what incentives state and local government will give to them.Most likely they will take the information and contact the companies.

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Besides tax incentives, we could actually help finance any moving. Mfgs could sell us bonds. If that doesn't say we want you here, then I don't know what will.

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I would suggest to you to contact the governors office...they should have an Economic Development team. Find out what incentives they can offer a business moving here...such as tax breaks. I would also get info about Indiana being the Cross roads of America and the great logistics our state offers....also many small communities offer tax incentive to get business to move in.Plus the cost of real estate. ( Which is cheap and available here, compared to other places.) But you must know what incentives state and local government will give to them.Most likely they will take the information and contact the companies.

This^ I believe the Govenor (and his team) is the main link in something like this

A lot of info on in.gov on the IEDC: for example

Tax Credits and Exemptions, Right to Work State - IEDC

Tax Credits and Exemptions, Right to Work State - IEDC - Contact Us

Tax Credits and Exemptions, Right to Work State - IEDC - Business-Friendly

State of Indiana Industrial and Commercial Sites and Buildings

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    We members of INGO taking political actions on our own is one thing. Taking political actions under the INGO Banner is another. I don't think the owners and operators of INGO want to get into Politics.

However, I do not speak for INGO.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    We members of INGO taking political actions on our own is one thing. Taking political actions under the INGO Banner is another. I don't think the owners and operators of INGO want to get into Politics.

However, I do not speak for INGO.

Personally I see this more as financial action with political benefits. :dunno:

BTW, Thank you for your service. :patriot:

And everyone let's be a little realistic... the owner and operators of INGO are in politics... this is a GUN owners forum, they are in the political cross hairs just for being associated.

Now, we are not discussing the taboo topics of religion, or revolt, so what is the problem? If the mods had an issue with it, there would have been communication and/or consequences to members or the thread. There have been enough posts that the thread has been near the top of the list of threads on the LOT2A forum enough times that I'm sure it has been seen and perused by the mods... If it was an issue, I'm sure we would have known by now.

Top Bottom