Vortex issues - how to switch to Holosun w/o dropping $7-800?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sheepdog103

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2019
    Fishers
    Question for the masses...

I have a Vortex Viper on my G19 that I shoot outdoors for IDPA and etc. The dot is changing size and getting washed out badly in direct sunlight. Not great for competition. When comparing it directly to a 2MOA Holosun, the 2MOA Holosun was freaking brighter than the 6MOA Vortex! I have always loved Vortex and their customer service in the past (I did reach out) but this may be just design / durability. That then leads to the question...

I now have a slide milled for a custom optic that I'm trying to change brands without dropping $7-800 with the way slides are going right now. I've been told you can't re-mill to a Holosun once cut for the Vortex. Trying to think options:
    • Are there any good adapter plates that don't suck from a Vortex to a Holosun (either RMR or Shield cut the C or K)
    • Sell / replace my current slide / optic - trying to avoid this because it would have to get re-cut?
    • Any economical options I haven't thought of?
    Sincerely looking for advice. I'm good dropping the cash on a new optic, but slides are running so expensive right now...

Jim McKalip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Cumberland
    I sent a Vortex Venom back for warranty service and got outstanding service. I called them and they sent me a prepaid shipping label. Turnaround was under 2 weeks including shipping for me. Give them a try. What have you got to lose?

Sheepdog103

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2019
    Fishers
    I sent a Vortex Venom back for warranty service and got outstanding service. I called them and they sent me a prepaid shipping label. Turnaround was under 2 weeks including shipping for me. Give them a try. What have you got to lose?
    I will be doing that for sure. My hesitation is I've seen a buddy have the same issue repeatedly, and after sending it back and forth in warranty multiple times they just admitted it was an issue with the dot. He ended up having to switch. Sendng it off this week and I'm hoping it comes back pretty bright... but also looking at a backup too. Their customer service and turnaround time seems great, I just wish the product matched the people.

Top Bottom