• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I dont know how to post a video on here from facebook, but I just saw this today. Vortex Partnered with Hornady to make a bullet with a built in camera.

Obviously I have no hands on with this, but the video is pretty neat. Personally I think they have lost their minds, but time will tell. There is no point in asking me questions because I know no more about this than anyone who has watched the video.

Your thoughts?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Wait - is it April 1 somewhere?

ETA Youtube.
    [video=youtube;hoGRlS53U_k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoGRlS53U_k[/video]

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The lat/long in the vid resolve (I think) to a Happy Hollow Park outside Milwaukee, with a 4/1/17 post date.

Very much an April fools.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I give it an 7/10. Woulda been higher if there'd been "leaks" in the buildup to it of a partnership for a special kind of round. Also, would've been better if they referred to a tiny windmill-type generator so it could be battery-less.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Well you see, with a hard-wired aperture setting and a fixed focal point, there's not enough light in the barrel to make out the lands and grooves. Its designed to see how accurate you can shoot, not how badly you can clean a barrel.

;)

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Well you see, with a hard-wired aperture setting and a fixed focal point, there's not enough light in the barrel to make out the lands and grooves. Its designed to see how accurate you can shoot, not how badly you can clean a barrel.

;)

I was thinking more along the lines of the camera wasnt spinning while in flight.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I was thinking more along the lines of the camera wasnt spinning while in flight.
    Fine liquid ball bearings made of smart-metal alloys in the bezel between the tiny camera and the frame. Same thing that tells your iPhone to change the orientation of the camera when you're taking video. :D

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Fine liquid ball bearings made of smart-metal alloys in the bezel between the tiny camera and the frame. Same thing that tells your iPhone to change the orientation of the camera when you're taking video. :D

I was thinking of the camera being weighted and in a bearing. Kinda like the DUB "floaters" wheels. Or the Rolls-Royce center caps if you're on the other side of the tracks.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    wizard-staff-e1396370821767.png

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison

There is actually software that will stabilize the image and remove rotation, some guys fired a GoPro out of a potato cannon in a 3D printed 'bullet'. Can't remember the URL, but I found it surfing YouTube the other day.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom