• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • atalon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Indy
    Anyone have experience with a Vortex PST 6-24x50 scope? I am looking at one of these for my 1000 yard rifle and was curious about the clarity of the glass at full zoom for that range.

I am still a noob when it comes to this and have not gotten anywhere close to shooting competition but hope to start next year.

Also if any of you long distance shooters have any opinions on FFP vs SFP reticles.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    If your talking f class I would use the sfp version. If your talking tactical 1000 yard matches I would use the ffp version.

As far as the clarity on 24x at 1000 yards you will have absolutely no issues. All and all I've yet to see a scope in its price range that compares. The biggest problem with the PST has always been availablty. Basically folks want them much faster than they can be made. Right now I have every one in stock except the 6-24 ffp/moa.

On a side note a PST 6-24 sfp/moa won the state f-class title 2 years ago

atalon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Indy
    Sounds good. Can I ask you to elaborate a bit on why the SFP for F-Class? As I understand the competitions this is what I would be going for but don't really know much about the tactical class.

atalon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Indy
    Ah I found some info. So basically the tactical class is quick distance changes and some movement possible so FFP would be great to quickly determine range while F-Class is known ranges before setup.

Sound like a correct estimation?

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Ah I found some info. So basically the tactical class is quick distance changes and some movement possible so FFP would be great to quickly determine range while F-Class is known ranges before setup.

Sound like a correct estimation?

Exatly, fclass is known distance, no reason to do math on the fly shooting (except wind changes)

In tactical matches you may take a couple shots at 1000, then engage a target at 100 then right back to 800.

In fclass you are aiming at a .5moa x ring so you dont want a thicker reticle like a ffp has on its highest zoom. In tactical competitions your aiming at a larger target so you really dont care how thick the reticle is and a hit is a hit.

Top Bottom