Vortex PST gen 2 and Diamondback Tactical hit the streets.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    They went with the same reticle options as the razor (minus the BDC version). The biggest complaint we saw about the PST 1-4 was the reticle was to small, and you couldnt use it easily for ranging. Like you guys, I will miss the TMCQ reticle, but you have to appeal to the mass's.

Do you know why there is no BDC option?

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Because typically you sell 1 BDC version to every 20 MOA/MRAD. Basically you can do everything with MOA/MRAD that you can do with BDC, but you can not do everything with BDC as you cam MOA/MRAD.

Yeah, that's what I was wondering. Seemed like when people talked about the Razor, it sounded like the JM BDC was pretty popular. But if you learn your hold overs, MOA/MRAD shouldn't be any different. And for general target shooting, MOA/MRAD would be preferred.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Any idea when the new Viper 2 will be available for purchase? Wanna pick one up for a DMR build I just Finished

I have some of them now, so it depends on what one you want.

Viper PST Gen II

Ive been getting shipments, but not enough to fill backorders on most items. If your looking for when can you get on the web and find all of them available at a moments notice from any dealer, I would estimate it to be 2 years. If you ordered today, the longest estimate I have right now is about 2 months. It all depends on the model your after.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I've had a Gen II 5-25x FFP MRAD for a few weeks now.

Big improvement from the Gen I PST (mine was a 4-16x SFP for reference). I really like the EBR-2C reticle, and it does not appear to optically trail a Bushnell LRTSi 4.5-18x much if any.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Sending my Gen II pst 1-6 back to vortex.... illumination switch is flakey. Won’t stay on.

My 1-4 1st gen acted the same way, but the illumination sucked so I didn’t worry about it. But the bright dot is the main thing I like about the gen II ....

-rvb

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Update: kudos to Vortex. I received a new scope in the mail today. They replaced vs repaired. 10 days mailbox to mailbox. They communicated when they received it as well as notified when they were shipping to me. Top notch service deserves to be publicized.

-rvb

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    Update: kudos to Vortex. I received a new scope in the mail today. They replaced vs repaired. 10 days mailbox to mailbox. They communicated when they received it as well as notified when they were shipping to me. Top notch service deserves to be publicized.

-rvb

:yesway: Good to hear. Sucks you had to send it back in the first place. This is the main reason I stick to Vortex products.

Top Bottom