• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cagilber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    On my new AR I plan on using the iron sights as the primary sights on my Charles Daly, but today I found the Vortex StrikeForce on AR15.com and for the money it seems like a pretty good deal.

Anyone have any experience with these? If I got one it would be for range use and probably not get used during every outting.

Vortex - Vortex StrikeFire Red Dot Scope for AR15

thumbnail_generator.php

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I have one.

I have only got it mounted so far, I need to get it zeroed.

If I had to give an opinion on it right now, well, it is what it is, a low dollar RDS.

As soon as I find some 147gr 9mm ammo, I will get it zeroed.

Steveblick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    ATI Strikeforce blues

I just got a strike force package from Ruger and it is not good for a lefty like me. Has anyone found a fix for this problem. Mine is mounted on a new NRA Ruger Mini14 and it is anything but comfort to shoot it, is there a fix besides the trash on Monday.the red dot is right height but the swivel folding joint hits my hand and I am not a happy camper

Any help is appreciated
    steve:noway:

Last edited:

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    I have one and for the money it is awesome. It holds zero and the dot is bright enough to see in bright sunlight. The supplied mount is pretty beefy. (looks just like a burris XTR mount).

The gripes are:
    The button tactile feel is not the greatest.
    The latest version has the power button on the side so when you put it in a case it Turns on. (I just take the battery out)
    Some people say the dot is not bright enough
    In certain lighting conditions some internal components can put a slight ghost reflection on the lens.

I had never used a red dot before getting the strikefire so I did not want to shell out $500 for a aimpoint in case it did work for me. (astigmatism) I got my strikefire for $129 shipped and it has been worth every penny. Also it should be noted that Vortex has a no BS warranty. If it's broke they will send you a replacement ASAP. They had some growing pains with the launch of this and had some mounts with hollow bolts and sent replacement mounts out to all who wanted them regardless whether the mount was broke or not. They also have a industry forum on AR15.com and a guy named Sam is on there about every day helping and answering questions.

If anyone in the south bend area wants to check one out PM me.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I ended up buying the Strikefire for my M&P 15 when I realized I would not be getting the range time to justify spending the money on an Aimpoint or Eotech.

I have not taken mine to the range yet, but so far my opinions match the above stated pretty closely. I was most bummed about the power button being activated while my rifle is in it's case. I have to store the rifle without the battery in the sight. My only other issue with the optic is the amount of thread turns necessary to get the multiplier on. Seems like they could have made the threads bigger or changed the mounting system all together.

For a budget optic, the Strikefire seems like a good deal.

Here is a gallery of the Strikefire on my S&W M&P 15.

INGunOwners - iamaclone45's Album: Vortex Strikefire

Top Bottom