• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Thanks for posting this. Here's a quote from the article that makes no sense at all:

"Business owners also said they don't want a repeat of two incidents earlier this decade.

In 2001, a disgruntled worker at a Goshen wood products factory went home to get a gun, came back and started shooting. He killed himself and a coworker and shot six others."

I voted, but I don't think the legislation will ever pass. It's the employer's property, and it set the rules.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Beech Grove, IN
    Thanks for posting this. Here's a quote from the article that makes no sense at all:

"Business owners also said they don't want a repeat of two incidents earlier this decade.

In 2001, a disgruntled worker at a Goshen wood products factory went home to get a gun, came back and started shooting. He killed himself and a coworker and shot six others."

I voted, but I don't think the legislation will ever pass. It's the employer's property, and it set the rules.

No problem.

Everyone pass this link on to others.

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    I like the idea. I for one, am a very stable person so I wouldn't be going to my vehicle to get it and return for a shooting rampage. Its the unstable people that worry me.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I consider my vehicle to be an extension of my home and person. To a certain degree the SCOTUS agrees with that which is why the vehicle can't be searched without consent or probable cause. To that end, if my employer cannot see what is in my vehicle then they have no "probable cause" to do anything about it. However, I would prefer to not get fired if someone broke into my vehicle and my employer found out about a gun in it.

All of this is a moot issue for me anyway, I work for myself. My employer is as gun friendly as one can be.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Beech Grove, IN
    I'm all for it1

pig957.gif

hey pig957,

How did you get Nancy Pelosi to pose for that avatar?

emclean

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    porter county (NWI)
    don't park on there property, and it cant be an issue.

do we really need another 'mommy government knows best' law? we sit around *****ing about the government butting into all sorts of things they have no business in, which includes property rights.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    Here is my take on it ,,Just MY OPINION ...,,,,

True a company can mandate I am not allowed to carry on ITS property ..

But isn't it a law in indiana that I have the right to defend my Property ?
    So even though My Vehicle May be on the said companies property , IT (my vehicle) Is still my personal property And under state law I have the right to defend it .....

Very confusing I know , But the way i see it as long as My gun is locked Inside of MY property I am ok under law ..
    after all I am not carrying on company property ,,My gun is locked in my property Wich happens to be sitting on company property ....:twocents:

I even got myself confused now :laugh::n00b::rolleyes::D

clydesdale

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    by the way dont know how accurate this is you can vote multible times i voted three times myself took counter up to 1400

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    The bill, backed by the National Rifle Association, would not allow guns to be carried in actual workplaces, but would permit Hoosiers to have guns in locked vehicles in parking lots

I love the word choice that these anti-gunners use...

Can't we as Hoosiers already carry in actual workplaces AND parking lots?

Someone may want to inform them (the anti-gunners)

AJB

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Just remember the right to determine the best use of your own property is just one vote away and it may be the mob determining what to do with YOUR property next.

May be they'll want the right to collect endangered gnat puke at any hour of the night or day of the week. They only need one dead beat loser who's never owned or worked a day in his life with "don't bother me none" on their side than you can bribe on yours.

I don't see how people can belly ache about the state condeming land and taking it and then turn around and think the price of a gun comes with the right to access some one else's property and make use of it as they please. You sure don't have any gripe with any tax if you think you've purchased the right to make use of another's property with the cost of a $50 Raven POS. It's no different than zoning, taxes or any other robbery by ballot box and desearves to be met with bullets the same as most other taxes desearved a long time ago before it was too late.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    don't park on there property, and it cant be an issue.

do we really need another 'mommy government knows best' law? we sit around *****ing about the government butting into all sorts of things they have no business in, which includes property rights.

Why bother when you can form a mob of own nothings and vote your right to do as you please on property some one else worked their life to own?

Top Bottom