• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Have you voted in National Midterm Elections?

• Total voters

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I'm old enough to have voted in the last 2 presidential elections, but I've never voted in the "midterm elections" in between. I'm interested in voting in 2010 and hopefully we can clean up the House & Senate. In my mind it is equally important as voting for president.

Is there a separate registration for voting in 2010?

Are they held in the same places? Any differences at all?

Who's looking good in Indiana? I know I'm not excited about Bayh (D) or Lugar (RINO).

Here are the current Indiana congressmen. Who's worth a damn? I started tracking who voted on what. Any other pivotal votes we should track? I'll keep updating this post.

Sen. Richard Lugar (RINO) Against Stimulus, For Hate-Crimes bill, For Amnesty (Dream Act), For new AWB, For $1/gal Gas Tax, openly endorsed Obama for president, confirmed SCOTUS Justice Sotomayor, Against Obamacare.
    Sen. Evan Bayh .... (D) For Stimulus....... confirmed SCOTUS Justice Sotomayor, For Obamacare.
    =================================================
    Rep. Pete Visclosky (D) For Stimulus..... Against Cap & Trade, For FDA Food Control Bill HR2749, For Obamacare, For AWB,
    Rep. Joe Donnelly . (D) For Stimulus..... Against Cap & Trade, For FDA Food Control Bill HR2749, For Obamacare
    Rep. Mark Souder .. (R) Against Stimulus, Against Cap & Trade, Against FDA Food Control Bill HR2749, Against Obamacare,
    Rep. Steve Buyer .. (R) Against Stimulus, Against Cap & Trade, For FDA Food Control Bill HR2749, Against AWB, Against Obamacare
    Rep. Dan Burton ... (R) Against Stimulus, Against Cap & Trade, Against FDA Food Control Bill HR2749, Against AWB, Against Obamacare
    Rep. Mike Pence ... (R) Against Stimulus, Against Cap & Trade, Against FDA Food Control Bill HR2749, Against Obamacare,
    Rep. Andre Carson . (D) For Stimulus..... For Cap & Trade, For FDA Food Control Bill HR2749, For Obamacare
    Rep. Brad Ellsworth (D) Against Stimulus, Against Cap & Trade, For FDA Food Control Bill HR2749, For Obamacare,
    Rep. Baron Hill ... (D) For Stimulus..... For Cap & Trade, For FDA Food Control Bill HR2749, For Obamacare

Last edited:

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Bayh is the only one of our Two US Senators up for reelection this cycle (2010). Lugar is up again in 2012 (next presidential election).

Watch your papers, or go to your county/town's website to find the directions to polling places. 2010 is probably going to be set the same way, but you should check, just in case things change.

All the US House members will be up for re-election, so voting in the mid term is definately something you should do.

here's a link to a map of the State of Indiana's congressional districts, and who represents which district.

If you would seriously like to help, go to icaucus.org and sign up. They're working hard behind the scenes to get good people to run in the right races. They'll need good foot soldiers to knock on doors, work the phone, work as poll watchers (Gary/Lake County needs A LOT of 2nd Amend believing folk as poll watchers for the repub side).

Right now there is only one or two potential republican challengers against Bayh. But we're still early in the campaign season. We'll probably see a few more very strong contenders come out on the repub side to take him on.

This cycle he's very vulnerable, but the Ind Repub committee doesn't think so. Who ever wins the Repub nomination to take him on will need good foot soldiers all across the state. I can almost guarantee you that who ever gets the repub nomination to take on Bayh will be a strong 2nd Amend supporter.

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    BTW: Indiana 1st District rep is Pete V. Click here for his wiki page:

He's got the Lake county vote sewn up, but getting the word out about the agenda without tying it to the president will help to make these guys in strong demo strongholds really have to fight to hang onto their seats.

There are links there, or go to the NRA website to see his voting record on 2A issues.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Another BTW: Andre Carson is the only one of Indiana's congressional delegation that is brave enough to put his name on the rolls of the Congressional Progressive Caucus.

Progressive = Happy Face Fascism (think Mussolini in the 1920s).

I hear you. Progressives are progressing further and further from the constitution. And yes I'm interested in helping get these goons out of office. I certainly will never miss voting in another midterm election.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I'm updating the OP to tally up major votes that they supported or denied. Any other bills I should include?

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The best thing any of us can do is to stay informed on the issues.

Call, write, and email your reps and senators. We are making an impact in the health care discussion. Our Tea Party org is hearing from sources that the legislators are noticing the numbers of you calling in, faxing, writing etc.

When we act... they listen. Problem is, we have to do so continuously. Call early, call often.

:soapbox:
    The IN Tea Party is running another series of protests this Monday, July 27 at 4:30 outside of Senator Bayh's Indiana offices. Last week, when we tried to be at all of the reps' and senators' offices in the state, we had over 100 protesters outside of Lugar & Bayh's office in downtown Indy.

We're doing it again. If you want to take a stand against Govt taking over our health care system, come on down. Their office is just west of the circle (Illinois street).

Bring a sign. At the tail end of the rally, we're hoping to lead a short protest march down to the circle.

We cannot stop the momentum. Turning this govt around and getting back to rule of the Constitution is like stopping a speeding freight train. It won't be easy, and it won't be quick.

We need your help. Are you willing to do what it takes? :soapbox:

Top Bottom