• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    The rummage sale fundraiser for my little girl is tomorrow and we have been collecting items for a couple weeks now. During that time, my wife met a woman at a Girl Scout sign-up who just moved to Indy while her husband is deployed in the sandbox. The woman has three children, one who has special needs. They also have nothing. Nada. Not a single thing in her apartment. The kids have been sleeping on an air mattress and they eat off paper plates on the floor. We felt so blessed at the generosity the community has shown us that we felt compelled to help her. We had a table and chairs, recliner, dishes, dressers, a bed, end tables and TVs and other items, all donated, that they need so we loaded them all up into the truck and took them to her. The look on her face was priceless. She didn't have the words to express her joy and appreciation and it felt great. Of course she wanted to give us something in return and of course we declined. Our kids are going to the park together for a play date on Sunday and I thanked her for her husband's service and their sacrifice.

Thank you INGO, for everything. I don't know how I will ever repay everyone on here for their generosity except to keep it going. What a great community we have here. :ingo:

Is there any more household stuff they need?

Best,

Joe

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Just by the very nature of the good deed you and your family have done by paying it forward to this Military family in need shows the spirit of giving by this community has not been taken for granted.

Your debt has been re-paid by your human compassion for others and the books are all squared. God Bless. :ingo:

Last edited:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Glad to hear, also, as already stated, talk to the American Legion, i know the one I am part of around here does a lot to help the community, and if its a service member and family, we will be glad to help out even more. Also, should have them check with the FRG (Family Readiness Group), and I am sure that they will be able to get something set up as well. I know closer to bases that they have loan pantries and things like that to help out new and moving families.

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    I love the entire concept of paying forward. If we could all do just what the book/movie suggested- do something for someone else they cannot do for themselves, and ask nothing in return, how our world would be different. Thanks for keeping the chain moving, Blue.

Tebow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Whiting, IN
    It's a real nice feeling when you help someone out.

Last week I went for a run in the morning and went for breakfast at my favorite local restaurant. As I was finishing, a WWII vet walked past me, said good morning and sat down at a booth. When I paid, I left enough to cover his meal and left. I know it's not a lot but I love showing respect for my elders and the military vets. :patriot:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In the true spirit of "Pay it Forward" my son and I enlisted the help of friends and family to move our neighbors to their new assisted living facility. We overheard them this morning as they were attempting to do this on their own with very little help. He is a Korean war veteran and in poor health as is his wife. They were supposed to have a lot of family help today and they did not show up. We pulled some trucks and trailers together and made a good days effort on their behalf. They were over whelmed by the help and our attitudes.
    I will miss them as they were across the fence for the 31 yrs. we have been here.
    Sorry we could not make the sale today. This was important and it feels good to help.

Pay it forward when you can.

I would ask again...does the family you helped need anything else, food, bedding, towels etc...we are willing to help.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Thanks for sharing this Nick! I've always been taught, and I know from personal experience, giving is always more rewarding than getting!

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    The rummage sale fundraiser for my little girl is tomorrow and we have been collecting items for a couple weeks now. During that time, my wife met a woman at a Girl Scout sign-up who just moved to Indy while her husband is deployed in the sandbox. The woman has three children, one who has special needs. They also have nothing. Nada. Not a single thing in her apartment. The kids have been sleeping on an air mattress and they eat off paper plates on the floor. We felt so blessed at the generosity the community has shown us that we felt compelled to help her. We had a table and chairs, recliner, dishes, dressers, a bed, end tables and TVs and other items, all donated, that they need so we loaded them all up into the truck and took them to her. The look on her face was priceless. She didn't have the words to express her joy and appreciation and it felt great. Of course she wanted to give us something in return and of course we declined. Our kids are going to the park together for a play date on Sunday and I thanked her for her husband's service and their sacrifice.

Thank you INGO, for everything. I don't know how I will ever repay everyone on here for their generosity except to keep it going. What a great community we have here. :ingo:

Dang~! Made me cry like a baby.

Top Bottom