• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    I can give you some duct tape and a flashlight if you want to get your mall ninja on! :):

Already there, that was so last week

images

zmr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2015
    usa
    NIce VZ Doggy, I have the same buttstock to put on mine but have not attempted to take off the original folder because of the dreaded screw. I have seen many ways of doing this but am curious what worked for you? I absolutely love my VZ2008. I have replaced front forearm with the NEA, slovakian muzzle brake, extended mag release and bolt release. Once I get the aforementioned folding stock off I am done...

I got mine off with a huge wide flathead screw driver and a heat gun. the screw has red lock tite on it. i put the rifle in a vice (protect it with some wood or something sos not to scratch it). heat the hell out of it and pry like hell. I was able to sell the folding stock on ebay and used the money to order a beaverbarf stock.

7rmStTD.jpg

Fizzerpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2016
    Avon
    You can find them sub $600. Thinking of this as my next purchase. I just hate adding another magazine type to the list

edit, I can pick one up, and add two NEW Mags for $644 shipped... pretty tempting since I have two AK variants already.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You can find them sub $600. Thinking of this as my next purchase. I just hate adding another magazine type to the list
    Yeah this is the part the has pretty much kept me from purchasing one before. It AK mags were compatible I probably would have had one by now.

jspy5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Southern Marion County
    Should be noted that the parts are not 100% interchangeable.

Also the safety on the VZ2008 works 'backwards' compared to the VZ58

I've owned both. I prefer the VZ58. But to each his own.

You make some good points but what you fail to mention is the fact the VZ58 was priced over twice the cost of the VZ2008 not counting the extra's that you were getting with the 2008...

Top Bottom