• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    In order to convert it to .308 without rebarreling would involve having the original barrel removed to be rebored. It may not even be possible because your .284 is so close to .308 and if you have any pitting it may not completely clean up. If you are concerned with keeping it original in appearance that gets more expensive because the gunsmith would have to make sure to get the barrel indexed correctly after rechambering. Your most cost effective option is an Adams and Bennett barrel which comes prechambered and requires just a little skilled work from a gunsmith to complete the install.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    In order to convert it to .308 without rebarreling would involve having the original barrel removed to be rebored. It may not even be possible because your .284 is so close to .308 and if you have any pitting it may not completely clean up. If you are concerned with keeping it original in appearance that gets more expensive because the gunsmith would have to make sure to get the barrel indexed correctly after rechambering. Your most cost effective option is an Adams and Bennett barrel which comes prechambered and requires just a little skilled work from a gunsmith to complete the install.

Thanks for the info. I would want to keep the original stock and the scout configuration. The barrel costs aren't very expensive, but if I have to spend 300-400 for barrel, indexing, etc. I might as well buy a new rifle.

Top Bottom