W.W.C on a black powder muzzle loader rifle - What does it stand for?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xHwyLT

Plinker
    Jan 6, 2011
    Monroe
    Is it possible to post a photo? Is this a traditional styled sidelock muzzle loader, or a newer straight line type muzzle loader? Also did you disassemble the rifle, to check for other marks under the barrel, or areas hidden by the stock?

Leo

Grandmaster
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I cannot say for sure, but there is an international import/export trading company called World Wide. A lot of muzzle loaders are foreign made.

exploringspace

Plinker
    Oct 24, 2009
    Hamilton cty
    I don't know anything about this firearm just yet. It belonged to brother who recently passed away. He used it for Civil War re-enactments. I hope to get it this weekend. This is the only other picture I have. It has two triggers. One to activate the hammer and one to let it go.
    WWC Side.jpg

rob63

Master
    May 9, 2013
    It was common for old-time gunsmiths to sign their name on top of the barrel, so initials of the maker is a good theory. FWIW, those are the initials of my dad!

Cerberus

Master
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Looks to be an original piece. WWC is probably a former owner or the man that built it or both. My Dad builds them too. He has initialed and numbered everyone he ever built.

Looks more like something would build back in the 70s or 80s from decent ML parts available thru Dixie or bought at Friendship, a loose interpretation of a Plains rifle. From the small pictures it appears that it was built decently. Would really like to see pics of the internals and underside of the barrel.

Top Bottom