Wait...there's a Hardee's that's open in Michigan City?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    They recruit in evangelical circles for folks to work and tout they are closed on Sunday so they can go to church…
    They certainly do, but while that demographic makes up a higher percentage of employees than other fast food restaurants, the employees come from just about every background. My son has worked at the CFA in Valparaiso since it opened and both of my daughters worked there for a while.

One thing I noticed was now many people they have working. I asked my son how many people they had working during he dinner shift and he said 30+ people. Compare that to something like an Arby's or whatever and you will find that is about 3X more. Sure it costs more money, but it pays off in volume.

BTW- my son who does welding school in the morning and CFA in the afternoon and evening, was the "Team Member Tuesday" feature today:

Ted.png

Fact: I have eaten at CFA 1 time since the Valpo store opened 2 years ago....just not my thing, but I appreciate how well run it is.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    They certainly do, but while that demographic makes up a higher percentage of employees than other fast food restaurants, the employees come from just about every background. My son has worked at the CFA in Valparaiso since it opened and both of my daughters worked there for a while.

One thing I noticed was now many people they have working. I asked my son how many people they had working during he dinner shift and he said 30+ people. Compare that to something like an Arby's or whatever and you will find that is about 3X more. Sure it costs more money, but it pays off in volume.

BTW- my son who does welding school in the morning and CFA in the afternoon and evening, was the "Team Member Tuesday" feature today:

View attachment 304549

Fact: I have eaten at CFA 1 time since the Valpo store opened 2 years ago....just not my thing, but I appreciate how well run it is.
    Their business model is on point

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I ponder this, which came first, the chicken or the egg, question. Hot fresh food with plenty of servers or 100 cars per hour at the drive through? They are efficient.

Awesome! Congrats…

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Must have been something about Chicago. Every Popeye's we've been to, has been far above any other fast food chicken hut.
    it could be the franchise's cheap owner not following proper protocols. I thought I developed a "disagreement" to LJS because every time I would eat their fish or chicken for lunch near my office I'd feel like total crap by 3P. It went down SOOOOOO yummy, but would just lay in my stomach for hours and I'd feel blah. Not ill or nauseous, just blah.

Then one day I couldnt resist while I was on the road. I was craving it and was willing to put up with the "hangover" later. Felt great the rest of the day. Apparently my local franchise is doing something wrong. I've eaten it at least 3 other times while traveling and those restaurants didnt make me feel bad.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    There are stories about Chinese restaurants using MSG to Tenderize Tough meat --- which some people have gastrointestinal issues with
    I thought about that. But its not all stores and I believe they get their stuff from the same vendor.

And I have NEVER felt that at any Chinese place. I find it hard to believe I have managed to never find one that uses MSG for flavor enhancement if that were the issue.

I'd chalk it up to old oil.

Lpherr

Occupied
    it could be the franchise's cheap owner not following proper protocols. I thought I developed a "disagreement" to LJS because every time I would eat their fish or chicken for lunch near my office I'd feel like total crap by 3P. It went down SOOOOOO yummy, but would just lay in my stomach for hours and I'd feel blah. Not ill or nauseous, just blah.

Then one day I couldnt resist while I was on the road. I was craving it and was willing to put up with the "hangover" later. Felt great the rest of the day. Apparently my local franchise is doing something wrong. I've eaten it at least 3 other times while traveling and those restaurants didnt make me feel bad.
    Could be they aren't changing their oil frequent enough.
    Or the temp of oil isn't high enough and saturating the fish.:dunno:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    There are stories about Chinese restaurants using MSG to Tenderize Tough meat --- which some people have gastrointestinal issues with
    Not just Chinese restaurants. Just about every "chain" steakhouse did (does?) it too (Bonanza, Ponderosa, Sizzler, etc.). And it's not just for tenderizing. It's also a flavor enhancer.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Bonanza,Ponderosa?
    Yeah, now there's actually a Ponderosa and Bonanza Steakhouse I guess. I didn't know that until just now. Looks like maybe they combined, or maybe they were always under the same ownership.

Bonanza was the first restaurant I ever worked in up in West Lafayette back in 1979 or 1980.

Edit: I guess there are still Bonanza steakhouses around too.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Yeah, now there's actually a Ponderosa and Bonanza Steakhouse I guess. I didn't know that until just now. Looks like maybe they combined, or maybe they were always under the same ownership.

Bonanza was the first restaurant I ever worked in up in West Lafayette back in 1979 or 1980.
    So we’re they like the predecessor to places like Out Back?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Oh wow, I didn't know Dan Blocker (Hoss from the Bonanza tv show) opened the first Bonanza restaurant!

Back in 1963 Dan Blocker, who played Eric Cartright on Bonanza, opened up the first Bonanza restaurant in Westport, Connecticut. By 1989 the restaurant chain had over 600 restaurants located across the United States, serving up top sirloin and ribeye steaks for hungry customers.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky

Edit: I guess there are still Bonanza steakhouses around too.
    I had no idea they were still around! Years ago there was a really good Bonanza in Richmond Kentucky, it was always a huge deal to get to go there for dinner.

Top Bottom