• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Otasan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2011
    My CCW gun since 1992, a G17, will be on its way back to GA in a month to get a new 3rd Gen frame. I have a crack in my 20-year-old 2nd gen frame. Anyway, my CCW gun while the G17 is away will be a 48-ounce M1911A1 Springfield Armory .45 ACP pistol loaded with 255-grain SWC hanloads loaded to 840 FPS!!! What an increase in weight on all accounts. From a 32-oz G17 to a 48-oz M111A1. The bullet weight will be increasing from 124gr to 255gr. Bullet velocity will be decreasing from 1300FPS down to 840FPS. I can do it for a few weeks, I suppose.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    My CCW gun since 1992, a G17, will be on its way back to GA in a month to get a new 3rd Gen frame. I have a crack in my 20-year-old 2nd gen frame. Anyway, my CCW gun while the G17 is away will be a 48-ounce M1911A1 Springfield Armory .45 ACP pistol loaded with 255-grain SWC hanloads loaded to 840 FPS!!! What an increase in weight on all accounts. From a 32-oz G17 to a 48-oz M111A1. The bullet weight will be increasing from 124gr to 255gr. Bullet velocity will be decreasing from 1300FPS down to 840FPS. I can do it for a few weeks, I suppose.

I'll bet that the 1911 won't have a cracked frame after 20 years of carry and shooting. :D

BTW :welcome: to :ingo:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    The 3rd generation grip sucks compared to the 2nd generation, IMO. I hope you like your gun when you get it back.

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Over by the lake.
    I'm telling ya, there is a reason everybody likes Glocks. I'd like to know what it takes to actually destroy one.

Anyway, you better tighten your belt another notch so that 1911 don't pull your drawers down!!!

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I'm telling ya, there is a reason everybody likes Glocks. I'd like to know what it takes to actually destroy one.

Anyway, you better tighten your belt another notch so that 1911 don't pull your drawers down!!!

Just ask any 'banger. He'll tell ya. Glocks are lighter so they can keep in the waistband of boxer shorts. And oh yeah***,you can shoot'em sideways! :laugh:

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I'll bet that the 1911 won't have a cracked frame after 20 years of carry and shooting. :D

Gosh, I'd better go check my 1911s!! They are both from the early 40's, and SURELY must be merely piles of disconnected frame remnants.

Nope. Not one crack in either of them. Maybe it's because they spent the first few years of their lives being neglected in Europe that they are immune to cracks from being a mere "carry piece."

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    You want to destroy a GLOCK:D just shoot LEAD bullets, the glock will destroy itself;)
    O'really.... I'm calling BS here, that is a myth from all accounts I've ever seen. Have you personally seen it happen where the failure could 100% be attributed to use of lead bullets?

I used to be an officer of a gun-club that fired primarily lead reloads through club firearms. We would fire several k lead reloads through the Glocks every year, and up to 1k before cleanings. Never had a glock have any problems due to that.

We did have a 1911 kaboom once though... but that was unrelated to the bullets used...

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    You want to destroy a GLOCK:D just shoot LEAD bullets, the glock will destroy itself;)

where do you get your info? I have yet to see a single post from you that has any fact in it...Ive seen several post where you've mocked quit a few internet myths and you have posted them like they are pure fact. You'll get a bit more fouling with lead but that is true for anything you shoot lead from. You should learn to think for yourself a bit and stop acting like a parrot.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    I have an all stainless 1911 on my belt right now. Don't even know it's there. What's all this complaining about weight? If it's not the 1911, it's a CZ97. Neither is uncomfortable when carried in a quality holster with a proper belt.
    Must be the young generation. My 62 yr old body isn't bothered one bit.

gunman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Jasper Co.
    i'm young & relatively small, carry my 1911 religiously. weight has never been an issue so much so that i've forgotten to put it in the holster once and didn't notice for a few hours. felt like such an idiot

Top Bottom