• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TN_Mike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    The backside of nowhere
    My wife and I submitted everything on the 14th of Jan. Realistically, since Morgan County doesn't do the online process, how much longer can I expect to wait before they show up?

Indiana seems really, really inefficient at this process. And I was very disappointed to find out that they still do the paper permit. Really? It's 2011 and Indiana is still issuing a paper permit with no picture. I'm from Tennessee and I know you folks in the North here like to dump on the South but there isn't any Southern states that issue crappy paper permits. We all have the hard plastic DL-like permits that include a picture. And heck, my Sister in Law in Mobile Alabama got her Mobile County carry permit in 20 minutes. Our Tennessee permits only took 9 days to get to us from the state.

I'm a little disappointed in the performance of Indiana so far guys.

Driver

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    When I filed mine online. I went and got the digital finger prints done the next day. It would have only taken mine a week but the sheriff in Noblesville was on vacation so they had to wait until he got back so it took 2 weeks.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Mike I understand you frustration but I'd rather deal with these problems then finding a sign in the back corner of a restaurant that is the size of a playing card that makes it illegal to carry there.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    indiana doesnt have a permit.
    a pilots license is a peice of paper. thats from the faa. or atleast back in 04 when i actually knew a pilot. maybe they caught up.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    My wife and I submitted everything on the 14th of Jan. Realistically, since Morgan County doesn't do the online process, how much longer can I expect to wait before they show up?

Indiana seems really, really inefficient at this process. And I was very disappointed to find out that they still do the paper permit. Really? It's 2011 and Indiana is still issuing a paper permit with no picture. I'm from Tennessee and I know you folks in the North here like to dump on the South but there isn't any Southern states that issue crappy paper permits. We all have the hard plastic DL-like permits that include a picture. And heck, my Sister in Law in Mobile Alabama got her Mobile County carry permit in 20 minutes. Our Tennessee permits only took 9 days to get to us from the state.

What do you expect us to do? :dunno: I took my LTCH to Mrs. G., and she laminated it for me.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Morgan Co. has had the electronic application for several weeks now also.

I've been tracking it for several months in this thread.

You don't have to like Indiana, but it would sure make your life living here more comfortable.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Who cares if ifs a paper licence or a plastic one, with or without a picture, if its pink or yellow, if it takes a week or a month to get it ...
    Once you get your little pink paper you can carry OC or CC and that's all that matters!
    Be happy to be in a free state, in a free country.
    In almost all the countries in the planet there is no way you can carry a gun without being a LEO.So be happy with your pink paper licence and think about all the people who wish they had the same rights.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    It's 2011 and Indiana is still issuing a paper permit with no picture.

Yes, isn't it great! Keeps overhead down too.

there isn't any Southern states that issue crappy paper permits.

Wow, they get a far more expensive license with expensive training classes and some restrict the type of weapon as well. Yeehaw!

We all have the hard plastic DL-like permits that include a picture.

You want the state to have another photo of you? Why? Showing off or something?:D

I'm a little disappointed in the performance of Indiana so far guys

Since you cannot apply earlier, you should learn to be patient. Practice your drawstroke.

My lifetime LTCH took four weeks.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana

My LTCH took over 8 weeks to arrive during the rush after Obama. Bad timing on my part.

I'm declaring that you are prohibited from complaining until you have waited 8 weeks.

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    indiana doesnt have a permit.
    a pilots license is a peice of paper. thats from the faa. or atleast back in 04 when i actually knew a pilot. maybe they caught up.

My PP-ASEL is plastic, paper licenses were made obsolete about a year ago by the FAA.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Yes, we know how much you hate Indiana.
    This is EXACTLY what I was thinking while reading yet another rant from TNmike about IN.

Yes, isn't it great! Keeps overhead down too.

Wow, they get a far more expensive license with expensive training classes and some restrict the type of weapon as well. Yeehaw!

You want the state to have another photo of you? Why? Showing off or something?
    Excellent points...I don't know why he wants more restrictions and costly permits.

TN_Mike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    The backside of nowhere
    Yes, I know some of you are tired of me saying I don't like it here. Fine. I'll stop and I'll just say, I am trying my damnedest to go back home.

Second, TN has a more expensive permit than IN but, what you get with it is the ability to carry on that permit in over 30 states. Alabama on the other hand, has the plastic DL like permit and it costs all of $20 and takes 20 minutes to issue. That's the whole process, start to finish.

It's all a trade off. Sorry I ranted a bit.

What I got from this is:
    A. Shut up, we know you don't like it here.
    B. It could take as long as 8 weeks or more to get the permit.
    C. Shut up, we know you don't like it here.
    D. Tennessee sucks compared to the utopia of Indiana.
    E. Shut up, we know you don't like it here.

Thanks everyone.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Go ahead go back to your dry counties and your wonderful wonderful whiskey.. but seriously we all rant from time to time and this thread was yours no worries.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Yes, I know some of you are tired of me saying I don't like it here. Fine. I'll stop and I'll just say, I am trying my damnedest to go back home.

Second, TN has a more expensive permit than IN but, what you get with it is the ability to carry on that permit in over 30 states. Alabama on the other hand, has the plastic DL like permit and it costs all of $20 and takes 20 minutes to issue. That's the whole process, start to finish.

It's all a trade off. Sorry I ranted a bit.

What I got from this is:
    A. Shut up, we know you don't like it here.
    B. It could take as long as 8 weeks or more to get the permit.
    C. Shut up, we know you don't like it here.
    D. Tennessee sucks compared to the utopia of Indiana.
    E. Shut up, we know you don't like it here.

Thanks everyone.

It's not a big deal that you don't like it here, but I would never go to another state and tell people who were born and raised there, their state sucks. I'm from Chicago and hear more than enough about it; however, much of it is true. :laugh: Indiana is a cool place. Just like anywhere else, it takes some getting used to.

TN_Mike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    The backside of nowhere
    There's only a few dry counties in Tennessee anymore. And we do sell alcohol on Sundays there, unlike here. But neither matters to me as I do not drink.

Sorry I don't like it here guys. You'd have to understand my situation. I love Tennessee. Always have. I worked for a complete bastard. When I say that I hated this guy, it is the understatement of the century. And I wasn't the only one. Everyone at the company hates him too. But he liked to screw with me. Little underhanded, passive-aggressive things. I couldn't take it anymore. It was either find a job some place else or beat him in the parking lot. So I found the job here. But it isn't where I want to be. It isn't home.

Any of you who love Indiana, think how you'd feel if you had to move away from the area you love so you could support your family. Bad enough but then imagine how you'd feel if the reason you had to move was because you were basically run off by a loathsome bastard. You'd resent it all. And that's the situation I am in right now.

The career field I am in is limited. There are 26 people in Memphis doing what I do. Simply going to another company wasn't an option unless one of the 26 retired or otherwise left. There were no openings at the time. And I have a wife and 5 kids to support. So I had to go where the work was, which was here. Maybe we can go back home one day.

I won't gripe about Indiana anymore on here. I just wanted yall to understand why I feel the way I do.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    I for one say gripe away I am pretty sure you still have your freedom of speach.. complain about indiana all you want, you have your opinion I have mine and the worse that will happen as long as you keep it under control is a locked thread.I prefer tennessee over kentucky and those are probably the only states I could ever move to as they are about the same on climate and people. Comminois and Ohitlero have nothing for me.. although I bet ohio doesnt still have the midwest nazi groups that they used to..

Top Bottom