• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    There's only a few dry counties in Tennessee anymore. And we do sell alcohol on Sundays there, unlike here. But neither matters to me as I do not drink.

Sorry I don't like it here guys. You'd have to understand my situation. I love Tennessee. Always have. I worked for a complete bastard. When I say that I hated this guy, it is the understatement of the century. And I wasn't the only one. Everyone at the company hates him too. But he liked to screw with me. Little underhanded, passive-aggressive things. I couldn't take it anymore. It was either find a job some place else or beat him in the parking lot. So I found the job here. But it isn't where I want to be. It isn't home.

Any of you who love Indiana, think how you'd feel if you had to move away from the area you love so you could support your family. Bad enough but then imagine how you'd feel if the reason you had to move was because you were basically run off by a loathsome bastard. You'd resent it all. And that's the situation I am in right now.

The career field I am in is limited. There are 26 people in Memphis doing what I do. Simply going to another company wasn't an option unless one of the 26 retired or otherwise left. There were no openings at the time. And I have a wife and 5 kids to support. So I had to go where the work was, which was here. Maybe we can go back home one day.

I won't gripe about Indiana anymore on here. I just wanted yall to understand why I feel the way I do.

It sounds like you should love Indiana. After all, you were ran out of Tennessee, right? :dunno: Indiana had the job that is putting food on your table and that should be the most important thing. All the other stuff is really insignificant.

As someone already posted, you have the right to gripe about anything you desire. You don't make anyone read or reply, so have at it.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    I know Indiana will never be 'home', but it will grow on you, if you let it. Oh, and when you do get your license, be sure to make back up copies before you sign it, and after you do sign it, get it laminated.

TN_Mike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    The backside of nowhere
    It sounds like you should love Indiana. After all, you were ran out of Tennessee, right? :dunno: Indiana had the job that is putting food on your table and that should be the most important thing. All the other stuff is really insignificant.

As someone already posted, you have the right to gripe about anything you desire. You don't make anyone read or reply, so have at it.

I can see your point but, I still miss home. And I wouldn't really say I was "ran out of" Tennessee. I just had to find a job and this one presented itself. It was either that of go to jail for beating the living crap out of a guy who needs it more than I can say.

bman1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Huntington, Indiana
    Hey Mike I'm from Indiana and it's my home. I love Indiana but I hate the winter weather and I gripe about it everyday when it's cold out. I don't blame you for missing home. I hope you find your way back someday and then come visit us here at INGO. :ingo:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    All the other stuff is really insignificant.

I object, the pink card is supercool and reason enough to move (granted I moved here from Chicago).:laugh:

I love Indiana but I hate the winter weather and I gripe about it everyday when it's cold out.

Pffft, cold weather is just Nature's bleach, kills bugs, germs and surf bums.:D

JJ1977

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    NE Indy
    It took me only 4 weeks to recieve mine in the mail but I am surprised that IN doesn't have hard plastic licenses as opposed to the paper one you get. Hang in there though, time and technology will catch up some time with us here in Indiana.

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    I applied for my ccw in Indy via the internet. Several weeks later I received a letter from the Marion county sheriff's office and had to go in to let them fingerprint me, I had already gotten a state police fingerprint card) at a cost of an additional $60.
    I did receive my license about 2 weeks after that.
    Don't you love beaurocacy?????

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    Enjoy paying Tennessee for your license to carry a handgun every few years.. people from Indiana don't have that problem.. having a lifetime license is nice, no matter how bad this state sucks.

Jenel

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Johnson County
    I agree, I hate Indiana but there are some things that are hard to beat. Lifetime gun permits, ability to concealed carry, tied for third lowest Brady rating. Although not needing to have a permit and maybe some warm weather and some ocean view property would be nice.

mrclean

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    There's only a few dry counties in Tennessee anymore. And we do sell alcohol on Sundays there, unlike here. But neither matters to me as I do not drink.

Sorry I don't like it here guys. You'd have to understand my situation. I love Tennessee. Always have. I worked for a complete bastard. When I say that I hated this guy, it is the understatement of the century. And I wasn't the only one. Everyone at the company hates him too. But he liked to screw with me. Little underhanded, passive-aggressive things. I couldn't take it anymore. It was either find a job some place else or beat him in the parking lot. So I found the job here. But it isn't where I want to be. It isn't home.

Any of you who love Indiana, think how you'd feel if you had to move away from the area you love so you could support your family. Bad enough but then imagine how you'd feel if the reason you had to move was because you were basically run off by a loathsome bastard. You'd resent it all. And that's the situation I am in right now.

The career field I am in is limited. There are 26 people in Memphis doing what I do. Simply going to another company wasn't an option unless one of the 26 retired or otherwise left. There were no openings at the time. And I have a wife and 5 kids to support. So I had to go where the work was, which was here. Maybe we can go back home one day.

I won't gripe about Indiana anymore on here. I just wanted yall to understand why I feel the way I do.

I can understand how you feel and while I do love my home state of indiana I love to go to tn also. I live about 125 miles from nashville and like to go down that way 4 or 5 times a year. Good people both places. Give us indiana boys a chance. We are not all that bad lol. :yesway:

acase20

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    Jay County
    I believe all the counties have the electronic file....should have looked lol would of saved a months wait i filed on a monday and had my licence in the mail saturday

mrclean

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    I believe all the counties have the electronic file....should have looked lol would of saved a months wait i filed on a monday and had my licence in the mail saturday

I should have waited one more day and did it online. Monday was the last day you could do it local here in posey. Thats when I applied for mine.

Kveldulf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Tippecanoe County
    The online process is amazing. You really have no excuse to not a license to carry with that system. I personally felt it was worth the extra dough to have L-1 do the fingerprints; it seems to have sped up the process.

Top Bottom