• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 311thewiser

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Valpo
    I have purchased two handguns online. With The first one ups came to the dudes house 4 times before he got the package and he didnt call until a week after the package got there. Now i just bought my first one off gunbroker on july 3rd. Paid for it on the fifth, it was sent out on the 6th. Arrived at a different ffl dealers house on the 8th but he was not there to recieve it. I called the ffl last night, no answer. Left a message, no return call. Am i asking to much of an ffl to recieve the gun as expected and for it to be in my hands as soon as possible? Or should just expect this to be the norm. Cause if it is i would rather pay the extra cash at bass pro to get one on the spot. Any thoughts on this.......?

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    You need to find a different dealer. I use Indy Trading Post in indianapolis - they charge $20 a transfer and someone is ALWAYS there. Find a storefront gun shop around you and deal with them.:twocents:

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Yeah, that's the problem with dealing with kitchen table FFL's who have a day job. No one's going to be there for packages or they have to pick them up at the shipping hub.

There's good ones and bad ones, just like the stores. Find another dealer.

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    FFL dealers

Sounds like the seller sent it to the wrong dealer, if I read your post
    correct? Most FFL dealers want you to get your gun asap so they get their transfer fee. They don't want to hang on to it either. There are several good dealers in your area.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Sounds like you need a new FFL.

I've had great experience with Beech Grove Firearms...

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I always figure that if they have a brick and mortar building with phone and fax lines attached, they are a FFL dealer I would use. Even pawnshops will do transfers. People that are really in the business have their tails out on the line to make a living, so they will be there for you.

When I worked for a manufacturer, if we could not establish a real business address, they would not be able to buy from us at dealer price, even if they mailed us some fancy business card. It helps keep the legitimate dealers in business.

Top Bottom