• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    So the same logic is to not attempt to stop someone walking out of the store with unpaid for items. They could become enraged and fight back and you could be fired. Makes complete sense.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Many businesses have a similar policy. I know my employer does.

Fortunately, my "policy" requires that I do the right thing, regardless of what my employer says.

My policy as well no matter where/when/what. ^^^^^^^^^

Always be careful when to get mixed into a domestic issue as they can get way out of hand very quickly.

7urtle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    hammond
    So the same logic is to not attempt to stop someone walking out of the store with unpaid for items. They could become enraged and fight back and you could be fired. Makes complete sense.
    i was told i could close line people to stop them from stealing as long as they were in the store.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Walmart should be free to set their own policies.

Employees should be free to accept or reject those policies by accepting or rejecting employment.
    I wonder if his break was paid or unpaid. If he wasn't being compensated for his own private time, I wonder if that changes anything. Legally speaking.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Wal Mart is all about money folks...I bet this guy was full time and made 11.00 a hr. Now Wal Mart saw this a way to make money.....fire the guy, and hire a part timer with no insurance for minimum wage.....they save a boat load. Common sense will never enter the picture......if its like my Co. they will spend $1000.00 in order to save $1.00. If the woman had been beat and hspitilized its ok, even if she sues Wal mart and wins cause they probably have something like that in the budget already. They just happy they got to fire a full timer to get a part timer......ching, ching.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Apparently Walmart would prefer that the employee had turned his back and the woman removed from their property in an ambulance. Apparently that would have been better for his Walmart career than any compassion toward a woman in danger on their property.

Can you imagine the backlash THAT scenario would have caused?!

wildhair

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    WalMart has to have these Corp. policies. It all comes down to Liability issues. There was a time in our country that jumping in to protect someone in distress would have been rewarded. Now we have all these Lawyers to thank for this or maybe it's our society that calls the bad guy a victim .

Top Bottom